FE-FC Holden Discussion Forum
May 15, 2024, 01:20:29 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: The FE-FC Holden Car Club of NSW are proud to host the 19th FE-FC Holden Nationals. Check out the announcement video for more.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: Engineer's report  (Read 2856 times)
Liam Moloney
« on: April 30, 2002, 08:11:36 PM »

I was wondering if i needed an engineer's report for my Fe sedan which has a 173 red and 4 speed.
it has front disc, a brake boster, thermo fan and extractors i was told these may make a difference weather or not i need a report.
any help would be good thanx
Liam
slim
Guru

Model: FE and FC

Ring 0420768346 for genuine FE/FC parts.

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2002, 10:51:47 PM »

yes mate you will need an engineers report with a red motor in an fe ,no way round it . if their was id have found it ,,,,,, sorry

Im located at Liverpool, NSW
craiga
« Reply #2 on: April 30, 2002, 11:05:43 PM »

This will differ state by state. I am in NSW and have a 149 in my FC with the standard front end. I was told that if you can prove the car has been previously registered in your state with the engine and other mods you are OK.

I only needed to pay $20.00 to the NSW RTA to do a Microfiche search to find the last registration, which was over 10 years earlier. I was then given a blue slip with no problems.

Above is what happened for me but best idea is to ask your local rego authorities, they are really the only ones that will come close to giving you the right answer.

Good Luck.
RET
Administrator
Guru

Model: FE

richard.e.thomas ret56fe
View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: April 30, 2002, 11:39:32 PM »

Liam,

Which state are you in?  It may make a difference.

If you're in NSW, you will need an engineers' report.  The details of what the RTA allow can be found here: http://www.rta.nsw.gov.au/registration/vsi06.pdf

Basically, 173 is more than 15% capacity increase over the grey, so that means an eng. report.

Hope that helps,
RET

OurCarClub.com.au is a web-based data management application, custom built for car clubs and their volunteer officials. More info...
demon

I love YaBB 1 Gold!

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 01, 2002, 01:39:48 AM »

What if the car is all ready registered with a red motor cheers demon
RET
Administrator
Guru

Model: FE

richard.e.thomas ret56fe
View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: May 01, 2002, 04:05:26 AM »

demon,

It comes back to what CraigA wrote - if you can show the car was previously registered with the mods, you should be OK.  If the car is currently registered with a red, then the answer would be the same, surely Huh

However, getting back to Liam's original question.  The first two items you mention are required under the NSW regs, but not the other two.  Additionally, you will need a heater/demister, electric wipers (2 speed or single speed at 45 sweep/min or faster) and seat belts front and rear.

Hope that helps,
RET

OurCarClub.com.au is a web-based data management application, custom built for car clubs and their volunteer officials. More info...
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Share this topic...
In a forum (BBCode) 
In a site/blog (HTML)

Jump to: