FE-FC Holden Discussion Forum
May 21, 2024, 05:17:54 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Are you a member of one of the FE-FC Holden Car Clubs of Australia ? If you are, get access to the Club-Member-only area of this discussion board. Send an IM to the board admin, including your real name and club to get access.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: Coil question  (Read 1538 times)
jasonr70002

View Profile
« on: October 04, 2010, 10:06:44 PM »

Hi all I pulled the engine out of an FC ute I bought as a parts car and found the engine still had a GMH coil fitted to it. It is a aluminium body with black top and has gold stickers with black writing in them. The top sticker when mounted which is the black part facing down says GMH part no. then a large written LUCAS 12V COIL then 7412976.  The bottom smaller sticker says "made especially for General Motors Holden LTD" then the next line says "joseph lucas australia PTY LTD".Also stamped into the bottom is uh-12 then next line has a symbol resembling a y in a circle followed by 87404A then 5-58
Is this an original coil for FE/FC or for another model is it worth anything or just rubbish?
Very interesting find I must say.
Jason

Golden Holdens FE-FC
mcl1959
vic-club
Guru

FE's rule

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 04, 2010, 10:50:17 PM »

Yes optional Lucas coil instead of Bosch coil

Not worth a great deal - but worth hanging onto - I have replacement decals for these.

Ken
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Share this topic...
In a forum (BBCode) 
In a site/blog (HTML)

Jump to: