FE-FC Holden Discussion Forum
May 13, 2024, 03:21:06 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: The FE-FC Holden Car Club of NSW are proud to host the 19th FE-FC Holden Nationals. Check out the announcement video for more.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Poll
Question: Are you interested in participating?
Yes - enough for one car -
8 72.7%
Yes - enough for two cars -
0 0%
No -
3 27.3%
Total Voters: 11

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: EOI: Wagon Tray Lining Material  (Read 7101 times)
RET
Administrator
Guru

Model: FE

richard.e.thomas ret56fe
View Profile WWW
« on: July 14, 2007, 06:31:40 AM »

I am looking into the possibility of getting the grey cross-hatched vinyl used to cover the tray area of almost all FE wagons and all Special FC wagons reproduced.

The quality of the finished product is excellent, and exacting restorers will be more than satisfied with the result.

Indicative pricing suggests that the cost to get enough material for one car would be a bit under $600 at the current exchange rate, but enough for 4 cars would bring that back to a bit under $500, and enough for 10 cars would bring it down to about $375/car.

If you are restoring an FE/FC wagon and would be interested in pursuing this, register a vote. Once I've got some indicative numbers I can get firm pricing. Voting in this poll should not be construed as a commitment, but please note given the scale of the project I won't be going ahead without money from interested parties.

cheers
RET

PS - Do FB/EK wagons have the same trim?

OurCarClub.com.au is a web-based data management application, custom built for car clubs and their volunteer officials. More info...
parisian62

Feelin free, in a 61 FB.

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 14, 2007, 09:03:21 AM »

Hi RET,

FB EK wagons have different trim. It is has a fake stitch line running parallel approx every 3 cm across the trim.  A repro is available for sale through ebay.  Thanks for thinking of us I'm sure you would have got some interest.

regards
Stewart
mcl1959
vic-club
Guru

FE's rule

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 14, 2007, 09:44:02 PM »

Richard, have you spoken to Kev Woolard?, I believe he had this made in the US and it is still available through his source.

Ken
RET
Administrator
Guru

richard.e.thomas ret56fe
View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: July 14, 2007, 11:22:23 PM »

Thanks guys. Yes it is the same supplier that Kevin has used, hence my comment that the finished product is of a high quality. He brought a sample of it along to our 25th Anniversary, although I'm not sure if you saw it.

I'm doing this on behalf of one of our non-web-enabled members and friend (Dennis Booth). Obviously if there are a few takers, it will be cheaper for everyone.

cheers
RET

OurCarClub.com.au is a web-based data management application, custom built for car clubs and their volunteer officials. More info...
Rabbitoh
vic-club

FE - 'King of Cars'

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 15, 2007, 11:55:41 AM »

For what it's worth, we got a wagon load sent over from SMS Auto Fabrics in Oregon. Looks the ducks guts to us Grin

Fortius Quo Fidelius 1966; Saints' 2nd in 2024?
Bunnies' 22nd in 2024?
HAD 708

Holdens and the Mighty Woodsmen truly magnificent

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 15, 2007, 09:55:38 PM »

Ret
I have had a number of lenghty discussions with both Kevin and Dennis re the Wagon fabric,great to see that we are trying to get a bulk purchase going! My positive yes has been submitted.
Cheers
Brett

Brett Gillard
RET
Administrator
Guru

richard.e.thomas ret56fe
View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: July 21, 2007, 01:08:46 AM »

Hmm, a "feature" of this new software is that I can't see who voted for what in my polls. Fortunately I know who voted in the one that was running on the old site, but anyone else who is interested, please PM me.

Sorry for any confusion.

cheers
RET

RET
Administrator
Guru

richard.e.thomas ret56fe
View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: July 26, 2007, 05:52:50 PM »

Hmm, a "feature" of this new software is that I can't see who voted for what in my polls.

Solved that, so feel free to put your name down again here if you so desire.  I do still have a record from the old site.

RET
Administrator
Guru

richard.e.thomas ret56fe
View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: August 08, 2007, 07:48:15 PM »

An update on this thread.

At latest count we have 11 interested parties, and possibly a handful more. There might even be more when I tell you the next bit...

The prices quoted previously were based on what has proved to be an overly generous amount of fabric. John Denniss (Trimmer who has done work on a number of cars, including John R's, Alf's Teresa, Leon's Special, amongst others) was at the NSW AHD and measured up a couple of wagons that were there, and concluded that 3m will be just sufficient to do one car. Thanks also to Kevin (old-blu) and Dennis Booth who have measured up their cars to triple-check the required quantities.

What this means is that the prices quoted previously will come down. I will post updated quotes in the next day or two.

In the meantime, please put in a vote if you're interested in pursuing this.

cheers
RET

Rusty_T
nsw-club

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 11, 2007, 12:27:04 AM »

Wink

Ret,

Rosalyn and I will be in it. Requirement for the wagon.

Rusty
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Share this topic...
In a forum (BBCode) 
In a site/blog (HTML)

Jump to: