FE-FC Holden Discussion Forum
May 15, 2024, 10:44:04 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: The FE-FC Holden Car Club of NSW are proud to host the 19th FE-FC Holden Nationals. Check out the announcement video for more.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: customfc  (Read 4580 times)
Glenn 'Stinky' Stankevicius
Guru

Model: FE and FC

Willaston, South Australia

Glenn.Stankevicius
View Profile
« on: March 01, 2002, 12:19:11 PM »

To customfc
Just wondering if you could post a better shot of your car in it's black paint. I am considering flat black for my FE one day.

customFC
Guru

Model: FC

Ask me about microwaving cats for fun or profit.

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2002, 12:46:18 PM »

Hi Stinky.
My car has had a few different paint jobs, including satin black and flat black. I have included a couple of different shots to give you some idea. With the flat black, the paint tended to turn grey after a while and need a fresh top coat. When the flames went on, this ment a lot of work to freshen up the black (masking flames) so I decided for a fresh look in purple. This is the colour I always intended.

Satin black, my car' first full paint job, 93.

The addition of scallops to break up the all black. Note my old custom grill. This grill is now in Craig Jordan's FE.

Flat black in 94.

Flames added for the 5th Nats in 95.

Regards
Alex
« Last Edit: April 10, 2005, 02:24:30 AM by custom_fc » Logged

Glenn 'Stinky' Stankevicius
Guru

Model: FE and FC

Willaston, South Australia

Glenn.Stankevicius
View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 03, 2002, 02:04:58 PM »

Thanks for that, what sort of paint was it?
I have tracked down a two-pack black primer at Spray Chief, an old Adelaide paint shop that would seem to perfect for the job.
Here's an old picture of the FE, it will soon be fitted with warm 202/traumatic combo. Still deciding on whether to fit red steelies and baby moons or to get the 13/14" Tasman's fixed up.

RET
Administrator
Guru

Model: FE

richard.e.thomas ret56fe
View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: March 05, 2002, 12:32:04 AM »

The addition of scallops to break up the all black.

Hey!  That was my wedding!  I recognise my in-laws' front yard  Cheesy

That's a great collection of photos.  I see changes in this car from year to year that I'd never really noticed before.  Keep 'em coming.  Where's the one with the old green paint worn down to the primer and the lettering on the boot advertising the club?

RET

OurCarClub.com.au is a web-based data management application, custom built for car clubs and their volunteer officials. More info...
Hewart
nsw-club

Holden on forever...

profile.php?id=1071847991 hewart
View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 14, 2003, 09:55:01 AM »

Hey Alex...
Just got the latest copy of "Australian Street Rodding" and found a pic of your FC in it... it was taken on the day at "John's R&C Picnic Day".... looks good....!!! also looks like another black FC with flames was at that day... is that right...?

Cheers
les...

customFC
Guru

Ask me about microwaving cats for fun or profit.

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 14, 2003, 12:35:14 PM »

Hey Les.
Thanks for the kind words. Pretty pleased with the pic in Aust Street Rodding, that's Craigs FE ute door next to mine. Got a pic in Cruzin Magazine last month too.  Grin
There was a FC that was rough but cleaned up with a  coat of flat black and flames.
Regards
Alex

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Share this topic...
In a forum (BBCode) 
In a site/blog (HTML)

Jump to: