FE-FC Holden Discussion Forum
May 05, 2024, 09:41:26 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Are you a member of one of the FE-FC Holden Car Clubs of Australia ? If you are, get access to the Club-Member-only area of this discussion board. Send an IM to the board admin, including your real name and club to get access.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: Engine Mods What to do?  (Read 1601 times)
Sarge
Guru

My 57 & Old No 7 all a Man Need's

View Profile
« on: May 08, 2005, 12:43:54 AM »

A few questions that I need answers too.
        Ok I need some advice on what I can do motor wise for the wagon.
         I would like to use the fuel injection from a VK Commodore only because I already have the complete set up with wiring harness. The fuel injection in on a red 202, but I would like to put the top end of the 202 (fuel injection set up on to the bottom end of my 186 can this be done?
         My 186 has been bored 40 thou, steel crank, flat top pistons and a 30/70 mild cam. Does the fuel injection head bolt up or on with out any problems or should I reco the 202 with the same mods as the 186 and use it.
         Next thing is what trans can I use. Do I fit a beefed up tri-matic behind the 186, or will the 4 spd auto from the VL Commodore (RB30) fit?
I have almost worked out the rack & pinion steering and will be using a EH Auto steering column, I just need to find a new bearing for the top. Any help with these few little questions would be great. Thank's for taking the time to read this and thank's in advance for any advice.

Cheers
Sarge

Mark Lees Tallerbudgera Queensland
        0421 165 351
Holden Classics; a BREED above the rest
NO NAME

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 08, 2005, 08:13:09 AM »

the efi can go on, some modifications need to be done to either the block or the head.
it is good I suppose if you can save any engine work as it isnt as cheap as it used to be do do these things up.
I think there used to be a silver HD with a X2 running VK efi.
you will probably have to recess you firewall on the passenger side were the seem is next to the engine recess to clear the efi manifold.
something we both may want to find out is what extractors to use, I think the VK efi ones are 6-3-1 and the 3 pipes run side by side down between the subframe and motor, I doubt they would fit a FC.
I am not sure but I think the efi motor has a higher lift cam than the carb motor and could be around close to 30/70
I think the black bottom end will be smoother and have more power and tourque but the red will rev higher and quicker, I guess it depends on if you want to race on the quarter or tow a load and do long trips.
I dont think the vl box can be fitted, I think its a jatco japanesse box made to fit the nissan motor.
I just think all this stuff from the info I have gathered for my car, maybe someone else can confirm it.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Share this topic...
In a forum (BBCode) 
In a site/blog (HTML)

Jump to: