FE-FC Holden Discussion Forum
May 18, 2024, 12:49:10 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: The FE-FC Holden Car Club of NSW are proud to host the 19th FE-FC Holden Nationals. Check out the announcement video for more.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 9   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: Finally underway again.......  (Read 170583 times)
mcl1959
vic-club
Guru

FE's rule

View Profile
« Reply #100 on: May 25, 2014, 06:30:20 PM »

Take it back to Rares and ask for help. If you can't get any sense from your representative then I will give you the number of a guy to call at head office in Campbellfield.

Ken

JOX515
vic-club

Model: FC

View Profile
« Reply #101 on: May 25, 2014, 06:50:05 PM »

Will do Ken. 

Having some problems with rares lately - delivery sent to the wrong address, ordered set of front indicator lenses and finished up with 2 right hand ones (packaging said left and right tho) and now these seals that don't look or fit anything like they are supposed to.
FCRB26
Guru

Model: FE and FC

peter.mallaby
View Profile
« Reply #102 on: May 29, 2014, 06:16:30 PM »

If your stuck i have 2 full kits here just let me know what you need ill send it and just replace it when you get your bits?

Pete

JOX515
vic-club

View Profile
« Reply #103 on: May 29, 2014, 06:28:39 PM »

Thanks for offer Pete, very very much appreciated. 

I had a call from Bob Pyz at Rares and he assures me that the quarter vent upright seal is the correct one but I really have my doubts.  I went down to Clark Rubber here in Ballarat and they had a seal that looks more like the correct fit.  I am going to try and chase a couple of FC owners here and have a look at their seals and go from there.

Cheers and thanks again Pete,
Graeme

ps: if you have any spare time at all, I would love an air intake similar to the one you did for Pedro as I am not overly happy with the look of the standard VL air intake although it does work well.
FCRB26
Guru

peter.mallaby
View Profile
« Reply #104 on: May 29, 2014, 09:06:05 PM »

Im a real fan of the stock intake pipe with a pod filter it looks like its meant to be there..

JOX515
vic-club

View Profile
« Reply #105 on: May 29, 2014, 10:20:39 PM »

Yeah, when you look at it like that, the motor does look like it belongs in the car.  Will leave it as is and see if it grows on me  Smiley
Rod

I love YaBB 1 Gold!

View Profile
« Reply #106 on: May 29, 2014, 10:36:09 PM »

Hi Graeme,

You have a PM. I think I may live close by and may be able to help over the weekend.

Cheers

Rod
JOX515
vic-club

View Profile
« Reply #107 on: June 08, 2014, 12:48:51 PM »

Another really stupid question that I cant believe I have to ask......

How do the headlights go back together?  Headlight bucket, headlight, chrome ring over the light and the big chrome bit that attaches to the guard.  For the life of me, a simple job just is just not happening....  HELP  Smiley
mcl1959
vic-club
Guru

FE's rule

View Profile
« Reply #108 on: June 08, 2014, 03:23:45 PM »

You have not mentioned the metal ring that is at the back of the headlight that the chrome ring is attached to.
Assembly
Sandwich the headlight between the metal ring and the chrome ring. Note the headlight only goes in one way and the chrome ring only goes on one way. Attach the screws.
Make sure the 3 adjuster screws on the bucket are free before screwing the bucket into the guard.
Attach the headlight assembly to the bucket by pushing the metal ring over the adjuster screws and turning.
There is a rubber seal which you may or may not have which is supposed to go on next followed by the outer chrome ring attached to the guard.

Ken
FCRB26
Guru

peter.mallaby
View Profile
« Reply #109 on: June 08, 2014, 03:45:00 PM »

and dont mix bosch and lucas rings as they are totally different..

JOX515
vic-club

View Profile
« Reply #110 on: June 08, 2014, 04:33:38 PM »

Been there done that Pete - won't fall for that one again  Grin

Ken, I think the problem is that I don't have the metal ring that is at the back of the headlight - something else that has gone walkabout from my stockpile.....  I have the buckets, inner chrome rings and outer chrome rings.

Cheers, Graeme
Stewy
sa-club

Model: FE

FErgus 1957 FE Special Station Sedan

Jeff Stewart
View Profile
« Reply #111 on: June 08, 2014, 06:15:41 PM »

Don't know if this is any help Graeme.

Cheers  Stewy   Cool

No matter how much you push the envelope, It'll still be stationery
JOX515
vic-club

View Profile
« Reply #112 on: June 08, 2014, 06:28:54 PM »

Stewy, you are a champion.

I appear to missing number 6 in the photo - anyone near Ballarat have a pair of them to suit Lucas lights  Smiley Smiley Smiley
JOX515
vic-club

View Profile
« Reply #113 on: June 10, 2014, 05:33:26 PM »

Woohoo - JOX515 has been for its first almost legal cruise around the streets  Grin Grin Grin

Leaky exhaust, haven't found any inner headlight rings yet so no lights, and lots of little adjustments to do, but geez it felt good to drive it again....

Cheers, Graeme
JOX515
vic-club

View Profile
« Reply #114 on: June 11, 2014, 05:15:06 PM »

JOX is alive and cruising around the streets.......

Out the front of supercheap auto in Ballarat....  note the lazy pricks who dumped their macca's on the roadway - there is a rubbish bin about 10 feet away from that car park......

Anyway, like I said the other day, lots of little things to do before it is completely (Huh) finished but very happy with the way it drives and rides.  Trip to Melbourne in it next week and then home via Geelong which will be around 200k's all up.  Nice little cruise to test the car out.
FCRB26
Guru

peter.mallaby
View Profile
« Reply #115 on: June 11, 2014, 05:18:20 PM »

awesome looks great...

JOX515
vic-club

View Profile
« Reply #116 on: June 11, 2014, 05:23:10 PM »

Thanks Pete - that is one hell of a compliment coming from you given the first class work you produce  Grin

Will put up some more detailed shots next week.... Too busy driving to take any more at the moment.
DJ
Guru

View Profile
« Reply #117 on: June 11, 2014, 05:56:19 PM »

Great job Graeme. It sure looks the part on the street. I think there are alway some little things to do (and we invent some too as time goes on) - does anyone really 'completely finish'?

Dave
0417 270 315
FCRB26
Guru

peter.mallaby
View Profile
« Reply #118 on: June 11, 2014, 06:47:16 PM »

maybe a turbo upgrade  Grin

JOX515
vic-club

View Profile
« Reply #119 on: June 11, 2014, 07:01:43 PM »

Funny you should say that Pete.............   Wink Grin Grin  I just need to make sure that she who must be obeyed at all times without question doesn't tighten the purse strings on me

Thanks Dave  Smiley and you are right - these things are never really finished......
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 9   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Share this topic...
In a forum (BBCode) 
In a site/blog (HTML)

Jump to: