FE-FC Holden Discussion Forum
May 09, 2024, 01:38:11 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: The FE-FC Holden Car Club of NSW are proud to host the 19th FE-FC Holden Nationals. Check out the announcement video for more.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: acc. oil filters  (Read 2418 times)
snuff69

Model: FE

View Profile
« on: March 24, 2009, 04:45:26 PM »

Hi everyone  My FE has an accessory oil filter and I am wondering about a replacment cartridge. The one thats in it is a metal one, kind of like a tin can with perforations all the way around (sort of like a cheese grater). The housing is orange in colour with a black top ( I think ). My local spare parts place can only find listings for paper type elements. Does anyone know if these are OK for this type of filter? Or are tin ones available? Or can I clean the old one?   I'm sure someone will know the answer to all these questions    THANKS DAVE
mcl1959
vic-club
Guru

FE's rule

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2009, 05:50:59 PM »

Yes paper ones are OK as a replacement. Make sure all small gaskets are in the right places to stop oil flow past the filter.  Tin ones are pretty hard to find anywhere now, and thay can't be cleaned effectively

Ken
snuff69

Model: FE

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 24, 2009, 05:59:40 PM »

Thanks Ken  would the rubber gaskets come with the replacement cartridge or would i take out the ones in my tin one?  What I have now is a rubber grommet fitted in the bottom of the tin cartridge and a flat rubber washer on the top held down by a few fibre washers and a spring    THANKS DAVE
mcl1959
vic-club
Guru

FE's rule

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 24, 2009, 07:24:32 PM »

Should come with the kit, but there were 3 types of filter so gaskets might not suit exactly - you may have to use some of the originals

Ken
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Share this topic...
In a forum (BBCode) 
In a site/blog (HTML)

Jump to: