FE-FC Holden Discussion Forum
May 07, 2024, 02:16:46 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Are you a member of one of the FE-FC Holden Car Clubs of Australia ? If you are, get access to the Club-Member-only area of this discussion board. Send an IM to the board admin, including your real name and club to get access.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: PETROL FUMES  (Read 2831 times)
yackboy49

Model: FC

EARLY HOLDEN CAR CLUB INC. WANGARATTA

View Profile
« on: June 03, 2002, 07:50:53 PM »

Huh My fc  has had the original petrol tank replaced with a drop tank. The car consistently smells of petrol, which I believe  is from the boot not the engine. ( no sign of leaks in the engine bay ) The tank has a breather ...even when you walk past the car you can smell the petrol, even though it may have been sitting for a week or so..... Any ideas what I need to start checking for elimination ?

Thxs Phil.

Phil
mcl1959
vic-club
Guru

FE's rule

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2002, 10:23:22 AM »

Yackboy,  If you rule out the obvious, which is a leak somwhere, which I guess you have checked for, then next is the cap.
Have you put a later model cap on, because the FC cap has its own breather built in (this is why FE/FC tanks dont have a breather tube.
If your still using a FC cap then you could block the breather on the drop tank and see if this makes a difference.
Alternatively put a non-breather type cap on the tank and see if this also makes a difference.

Ken
yackboy49

Model: FC

EARLY HOLDEN CAR CLUB INC. WANGARATTA

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 04, 2002, 09:39:33 PM »

Thxs Ken. will give this a try...

Phil
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Share this topic...
In a forum (BBCode)