FE-FC Holden Discussion Forum
May 07, 2024, 11:26:59 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: The FE-FC Holden Car Club of NSW are proud to host the 19th FE-FC Holden Nationals. Check out the announcement video for more.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: FE-1957 is on it's way....  (Read 7208 times)
Paul In Ireland
Guru

Model: FE and FC

View Profile
« on: May 28, 2008, 05:43:29 AM »

Well, my father collected the car, got in and drive off into the sunrise towards Yarrawonga.

He gets the key:

He opens the door:

He heads off:

He slowly disappears over the horizon.....

Te be seen travelling south and soon to be living in Yarrawonga for a while. Next step is prying the keys outs his hand..... they are already talking of going to the drive-in in Shepperton and Sunday cruising and visiting friends....

Maybe I will just accept that I bought my parents a car just like all parents buy their kids a car and the pain won't feel so bad.

The International FE FC Fleet of Ireland
Education is where you read the fine print. Experience is what you get when you don't.
pedro
qld-club
Guru

Model: FC

If you haven't grown up by 50, you don't have to.

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 28, 2008, 06:27:26 AM »

Starting to look like you've lost a car, not surprising really it's easy to fall in love with FE/FC's we've all done it, it might be time to look for another one Wink Cheesy

I love animals - they taste great

F4+
EffCee
Guru

F4+

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 28, 2008, 07:46:40 AM »

Paul,

You need to look on the bright side, when you come back to Australia to visit your parents at least you will then have a car to drive.  Wink

Looks like a great car I am sure you your parents will get much enjoyment from Wink

Keith

Canberra, ACT

F4+ Wink
Paul In Ireland
Guru

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 28, 2008, 08:01:21 AM »

I am thinking of looking for a good wagon to make a more or less full set. Whether I can get them here now seems to be the issue.  Undecided

Bloody parents, always taking the car and never saying where they're going or when they'll be back. Not like back in my day. You just don't know what they'll get up to!  Roll Eyes

Education is where you read the fine print. Experience is what you get when you don't.
mikey

Werribee

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 28, 2008, 08:39:21 AM »

Bloody parents, always taking the car and never saying where they're going or when they'll be back. Not like back in my day. You just don't know what they'll get up to!  Roll Eyes

Who knows Paul maybe they will take it down to the drive in and you might have a little brother or sister on the way. Shocked

Cheers  M

Our Lady of Blessed Acceleration, don't fail us now!
NosFEratu
Guru

Model: FE

F4+ =^^=

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 28, 2008, 01:15:42 PM »

Thanks for posting the photos Paul. 

Your dad looks as proud as punch getting the key's to his your new FE!   Let's hope that he remembers to put petrol in it so it's not empty when you want to use it!

Kathi  Cool 

NosFEratu
Rabbitoh
vic-club

FE - 'King of Cars'

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 28, 2008, 02:02:25 PM »

Paul,
looks just like my sedan- Granite Grey over Castle Grey?
And as someone who already has a "full House" (or is it more like "four of a kind"?), happy wagon hunting Grin

Fortius Quo Fidelius 1966; Saints' 2nd in 2024?
Bunnies' 22nd in 2024?
Paul In Ireland
Guru

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 28, 2008, 07:37:31 PM »

Well, he got home safe and sound about 2 hours ago. All went well but he did say he forgot a lot of things about driving older cars. Planning to stop as drum brakes aren't as good as disc's. There are original style crossply tyres on it and so it would tramline on the edge of the road etc. Cigarette lighter to plug in his GPS (even though he all the roads he likes the map and the speed check on the screen) - he only remembered halfway home to look up on the dash - luckily there was one fitted. GPS told him his average speed for the trip was 79.8kmh so he made a pretty good time.

It has quite a few nasco extras and when he gets a chance he will have a poke around and see what's what.

Paul.

NosFEratu
Guru

F4+ =^^=

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 28, 2008, 08:17:32 PM »

Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin

I always love it when everyone says how marvellous it must be to drive and maintain an old car.  Don't get me wrong, it is marvellous but people forget those wonderful little nuances like - slow returning clutch, no power steering, drum brakes, non-synchro 3 speed, vacuum wipers, generators, mechanical lifters, lack of heaters and demisters, Holden seats etc etc.  And while we can, and do, adjust for all of these things the worst bit is the fact that while we don't have to worry about how we drive we have to be aware of how everyone else on the road is driving and we have to be constantly on the guard "planning" for how erratic they're driving and the impact they have on our required driving styles.   Shocked

Anyway, glad to know they both got home safe and sound.  Some good memories and stories to remember into the future there Paul!  Wink

Kathi  Cool

NosFEratu
FC427
nsw-club
Guru

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 28, 2008, 09:39:35 PM »

Paul thats a nice car your Dad's got there, if you ask real nice he may let you have a drive if your ever back in Australia .......FC427.......

As I lay rubber down the street I pray for traction I can keep, but if I spin and begin to slide please dear god protect my ride
Hewart
nsw-club

Holden on forever...

profile.php?id=1071847991 hewart
View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 28, 2008, 09:52:03 PM »

Maybe you should get used to watching it drive off like that Paul Grin

Great yarn!!

Wayne
nsw-club
Guru

I Love my FE

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 29, 2008, 09:19:16 AM »

Hi Paul
   Great looking car there  you have chosen a good colour Grey there same as mine.
Hope you have a good time in it when you eventually get it
WAYNE
Johns

Model: something else...

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 29, 2008, 12:06:54 PM »

Ah Wayne,

The meerest sniff of a grey car is enough to have you slavering with excitement, as for a two tone one, well..... Shocked

I'd better be a bit careful with this, now that I've got the wagon. One of my, so called, mates saw it and immediately told me he knew the colours. Since he knows sfa about Holdens I asked how he knew. He told me it's easy, dark primer over light primer Angry

Sorry to hi-jack your thread Paul. The car looks great.

Cheers
John

Now that I've got the beige with the grey, I'm looking for the cream, the bone, the ivory and the off white
FC0058
qld-club
Guru

Jim Altmann
View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 29, 2008, 11:24:10 PM »

One of my, so called, mates saw it and immediately told me he knew the colours.

I was biting my tongue in reference to the lack of colour, But John you had to use the word colour. We all know that grey is not a colour. Whilst the FE looks great it is after all a 2 tone FE Special with its highlights done in primer.

At 52 years of age I think the FE is entitle to have a little grey on top.

Cheers Jim  Tongue

Forgiveness is easier than permission.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Share this topic...
In a forum (BBCode) 
In a site/blog (HTML)

Jump to: