FE-FC Holden Discussion Forum
September 21, 2024, 09:56:04 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: The FE-FC Holden Car Club of NSW are proud to host the 19th FE-FC Holden Nationals. Check out the announcement video for more.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: HR Rear Axle Modification  (Read 2642 times)
fcfromscratch
wa-club

FC - Fantastic Cars

View Profile
« on: August 22, 2002, 11:53:05 AM »

Team,

am putting a HR rear axle on my FC so as to have matching brakes for the front HR discs...the axle I sourced did not have the plates for mounting to the springs/shock absorbers...is it usual with this mod to use the HR spring mounting plates or do some still use the "U" bolts from the FC through the holes on the HR bracket?

also,  do the auto shops still carry stuff like the anti-rattle bar & spring, shoe retaining pins and spring clips etc for the HR axle ...or best to try wreckers?

regards....Brad
FCwagon
vic-club

Model: FC

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2002, 08:08:31 PM »

Hi Brad,
You can use the U bolts but you will still need the bottom HR plate to match the top insulator. I found the rear axle hosing creaked a bit using U bolts tho' so I swapped to the original HR bolts. Was able to do them up a lot tighter because you need to crush the HR insulators more on the narrower FC spring.
The brake bits are still available but it'll be a lot cheaper getting them from a wreckers.
cheers,
Leigh

Red & white is alright
Ed
Guru

Model: FE

Ed74mnd
View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 23, 2002, 02:10:10 AM »

I had an HR diff in my EK wagon (which im guessing is similar to an FC), and one of the mounting plates actually sheared, dropping the ass of the wagon on the deck.

For this reason I reverted back to U bolts.. at least if a U bolt snaps U can replace it.

From memory I used an EJ housing, and mixed and matched the relevant bits and pieces back together.

I dont think this answers your question tho.. lol

Ed

in the shed
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Share this topic...
In a forum (BBCode) 
In a site/blog (HTML)

Jump to: