FE-FC Holden Discussion Forum
May 21, 2024, 02:57:57 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: The FE-FC Holden Car Club of NSW are proud to host the 19th FE-FC Holden Nationals. Check out the announcement video for more.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: tyre/steering arm clearance HQ wheels/LX rack pics  (Read 2612 times)
Ed
Guru

Model: FE

Ed74mnd
View Profile
« on: August 13, 2002, 03:58:57 AM »

To FC-V8,

In response to your question "How much tyre clearance are you getting between the steering arm using LX rack on HR front, HQ brakes?"

I took some quick pics of my tyre clearance to modified steering arms. (LX rack on HR front).
modified HR drum stubs, Hadfield HQ brake adaptors, HQ rotors.   "outa the box stuff" for the kits supplied.

First shot is standard HQ rim with 195 section tyre (I can squeeze my finger between the steering arm and tyre.. so approx half an inch clearance.

second shot is the GTS rim with 225 section tyre ( about quarter inch clearance), I doubt I will use tyres this wide on the front.

third shot, same as second minus my finger.

I hope this help answer your question.

Sorry for posting it here, FC-V8 has no email, hope its of benefit to others too.

Cheers

Ed

in the shed
FC-V8

Model: FC

Not enough hours in the day

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2002, 09:29:52 PM »

Thank's Ed
         That helps a lot, mine has a little less clearance but should be ok. I have finished the retractables in the front & back of the wagon. They look & work excellent.I get the extractors back from jet hot coatings this week & i pick up the new radiator tomorrow.
So much to do so little time to do it.But we would'nt have it any other way. It will all be worth it to drive round in the finished product.

What it to rev ? install a CHEV !
0401-065-201
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Share this topic...
In a forum (BBCode) 
In a site/blog (HTML)

Jump to: