FE-FC Holden Discussion Forum
May 21, 2024, 08:34:42 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Are you a member of one of the FE-FC Holden Car Clubs of Australia ? If you are, get access to the Club-Member-only area of this discussion board. Send an IM to the board admin, including your real name and club to get access.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: 161/149 FE  (Read 3374 times)
neil armstrong
« on: August 03, 2002, 09:04:58 AM »

Hi everyone
I am curently doing up my FC sedan and have got up 2 the engineers report stage. Im contemplating weather to take out the 186 and use a 161 or 149 to avoid a engineers report as i want to drive my pride and joy around while im doing it up. All the major work has been done but i dont think i will pass on clearence as ive been told minimum clearence has to be 10mm, 20m, 6, and ive been told 30mm.  If i did use the 161, would i need an engineers report as i dont see the point of getting a report with the 186, then pullin it down a few years or months later to put a blown V6 in. thank you alot
Neil

RET
Administrator
Guru

Model: FE

richard.e.thomas ret56fe
View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2002, 02:52:40 AM »

Neil,

Rules vary a little from state to state, but in NSW you'll need an engineer's report for anything over 149.  The report is not that expensive (considering the cost of everything else you're doing), about $300 usually.

I appreciate you'll be up for another report when the V6 project is done, so it's really a question only you can answer: do you want to settle for a 149 and drive it now (is it currently registered?) or spend the time and money on something bigger/stronger/better and not drive it for however long it takes.

Clearance where?  You can always ring up an engineer and get the right answer.  You might have nothing to worry about.  John Varetimidis of Lohning International is a popular engineer for us in the NSW club.  (He does the engineering remarks on Street Machine's Expression Session page)  They're in Peakhurst, (02) 9533 3488

cheers
RET

OurCarClub.com.au is a web-based data management application, custom built for car clubs and their volunteer officials. More info...
neil armstrong
« Reply #2 on: August 19, 2002, 09:37:05 AM »

Hi.. does any one know the legal requirements for vic.  Ive been told if the replacement mototr is over 15% bigger than standard,,  you need an engineers report.
Is this corect??
thank you
neil
RET
Administrator
Guru

Model: FE

richard.e.thomas ret56fe
View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: August 19, 2002, 11:51:07 PM »

The information from VicRoads can be found here: http://www.vicroads.vic.gov.au/vrne/vrninte.nsf/LinkView/DB1081513CC4D2E7CA256B5F007AE7F3A0E6B550C59A6444204A171BCD2A5F8F, but it's not very helpful  :-/

Someone from the Vic club will probably respond here, but otherwise ring a local engineer, or try your luck ringing VicRoads.

RET

OurCarClub.com.au is a web-based data management application, custom built for car clubs and their volunteer officials. More info...
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Share this topic...
In a forum (BBCode) 
In a site/blog (HTML)

Jump to: