FE-FC Holden Discussion Forum
May 29, 2024, 07:14:01 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Are you a member of one of the FE-FC Holden Car Clubs of Australia ? If you are, get access to the Club-Member-only area of this discussion board. Send an IM to the board admin, including your real name and club to get access.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: Zulu's cop car history  (Read 3138 times)
mcl1959
vic-club
Guru

FE's rule

View Profile
« on: May 18, 2008, 08:31:59 PM »

A little while ago Gary was talking about the celebrity past of his FE 217 cop car.
This is the article from the newspaper

Basically the owner was a millionaire but nobody new until after he had died - I bought the car at Shannons auction in a very dirty state with mats and newspaper and rugs on the floor, 3 seat covers over the seats and the boot full of junk. The will executors had just towed the car to Shannons and said "Sell it". The story came out in the paper much later when the beneficiary of the money decided to write a story about the old man who left them a million dollars.

It was a great find and Gary has done a great job in turning it into a standout vehicle.

Ken
« Last Edit: May 18, 2008, 08:37:17 PM by mcl1959 » Logged
mcl1959
vic-club
Guru

FE's rule

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2008, 08:41:11 PM »

The detail was wrong about the age of the car - the article says it was a 1958 model which he bought new. I suspect that since it was a 217 - it may have been a Snowy mountains company vehicle which Mr Blum bought off them in 1958 when it was 2 years old - The car is in fact a 1956 model, not a 1958.

Ken
NosFEratu
Guru

Model: FE

F4+ =^^=

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 18, 2008, 09:35:18 PM »

Very interesting read, great to know it's eccentric history - thanks for posting this Ken.

Kathi  Cool

NosFEratu
KFH
qld-club

Model: FC

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 19, 2008, 09:07:25 PM »

Very interesting story.  I always like the stories about the owners and the history of the cars.  It is part of our heritage.

Thanks Ken

Keith

I was born with nothing and still have most of it left
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Share this topic...
In a forum (BBCode) 
In a site/blog (HTML)

Jump to: