FE-FC Holden Discussion Forum
May 05, 2024, 05:37:41 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: The FE-FC Holden Car Club of NSW are proud to host the 19th FE-FC Holden Nationals. Check out the announcement video for more.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: What weigh  (Read 4134 times)
HARKO
« on: July 14, 2002, 04:47:52 AM »

How much does an FC Wagon weigh ,Question asked for the wagon  because an engine transplant is guided by the heaviest model of that range..
mcl1959
vic-club
Guru

FE's rule

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 14, 2002, 10:34:15 AM »

According to the workshop manual, the 229 weighs 2533 pounds - that's 1149 kg in the new money  Grin

Ken
HARKO
« Reply #2 on: July 15, 2002, 04:22:46 AM »

Thank's MC much appreciatd mate...
RET
Administrator
Guru

Model: FE

richard.e.thomas ret56fe
View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: July 15, 2002, 11:35:15 PM »

Harko,

You're in NSW, aren't you?

According to the RTA "Guidelines for Light Vehicle Modifications"

The max engine size allowed (in cu. in.) is 0.294 x original weight in kg, where
  • "Original weight" is the original (unmodified) "tare weight" of the sedan version of the vehicle model fitted with the largest engine available for the model but without optional accessories such as air conditioning and tow bar.

That means the max engine size = 1040 x 0.294 = 305.76, which presumably means 307/308 would scrape in.  That 1040 figure is from memory - sedan kerb weight might be a bit more.  I wouldn't have thought there was 100kg difference between a sedan and a wagon...

Anyway, the document can be downloaded from the RTA's website, at http://www.rta.nsw.gov.au/registration/vsi06.pdf

Hope that helps,
RET

OurCarClub.com.au is a web-based data management application, custom built for car clubs and their volunteer officials. More info...
HARKO
« Reply #4 on: July 16, 2002, 01:27:17 AM »

RET You are an absoloute wealth of knowledge ,,Where does it all come from {internet} No seriously thank you ,I have a copy of the RTA code of practice for modified vehicles here in my hand and have just realised it has been updated,Thank's again RET,,,Harko
RET
Administrator
Guru

Model: FE

richard.e.thomas ret56fe
View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: July 16, 2002, 03:07:02 AM »

No worries - happy to help.  And I do know everything, just don't ask me to remember it all at once! Tongue

I haven't lost my mind, I've got it backed up on tape somewhere.....

OurCarClub.com.au is a web-based data management application, custom built for car clubs and their volunteer officials. More info...
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Share this topic...
In a forum (BBCode) 
In a site/blog (HTML)

Jump to: