FE-FC Holden Discussion Forum
May 22, 2024, 12:53:49 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Are you a member of one of the FE-FC Holden Car Clubs of Australia ? If you are, get access to the Club-Member-only area of this discussion board. Send an IM to the board admin, including your real name and club to get access.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: 12 Battery Isolator with Remote Control.  (Read 2943 times)
Old_Mt_Isa_Boy
qld-club

Model: FC

My Ute

View Profile
« on: June 26, 2013, 10:34:30 AM »

Looking for a 12volt Remote Control unit that isolates the battery. The TYPE 3 in the link has everything I want but it is 24volt. Has anyone seen something? I cannot fit anymore electrics into my doors.

http://www.batterybrain.co.uk/productspage.php

Thanks in advance

Regards

Wayne b
ekute

Model: FE

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: June 26, 2013, 05:40:39 PM »

Wayne are you going to use it as an anti theft device or because you have solenoid operated doors and no handles?

I would imagine that the voltage would not matter as long as the voltage that is being isolated is less than 24v.

If you fit the isolater because you have no door handles how do you access the engine bay to manually reset if the remote doesn't work?

As a security measure you can fit a switch in a hidden place to isolate the coil.

Just my thoughts.
Old_Mt_Isa_Boy
qld-club

Model: FC

My Ute

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 26, 2013, 05:49:16 PM »

I want to use as an anti theft device. I would like solenoid door locks but no more room for the extra cables. Need another 4 between the doors. So if the voltage is up to 24 Volts then the British ones look the go. Thanks ekute. Anyone else?

Regards

Wayne b
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Share this topic...
In a forum (BBCode) 
In a site/blog (HTML)

Jump to: