FE-FC Holden Discussion Forum
May 03, 2024, 02:57:22 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: The FE-FC Holden Car Club of NSW are proud to host the 19th FE-FC Holden Nationals. Check out the announcement video for more.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: 1982 Street Machine Nationals - Canberra  (Read 33147 times)
maybeonedayillgetanFC

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 05, 2009, 08:08:03 PM »

Just a little update - spoke to John Peterson on the weekend and he tells me that Alan Hale and Alex Grambau definitely still have their cars (FC225 & MY064).  Alex Garrard's pale green EH Wagon was also out the front of the Vic Rod Show and still looking very nice for a car that was a top winner in the 80's.

Kathi

Hey Kathi,

Alan Hale still has his car, as he may have had it out the other night. Bob Grambeau still has the EH.
The black HR wagon belonged to Mick Vishacki who had a panel shop called Mr Gloss in Melbourne many years ago. Unfortunately, that car was written of not long after those photos where taken.
Here is a pic of a nice FC
http://www.letsgocruisin.com.au/cruisin-photos-cruise-night200902.html

and a pic of Black FC, maybe Alans, not sure, you can only just make it out
http://www.letsgocruisin.com.au/cruisin-photos-cruise-night200902.html

Hope this helps
NosFEratu
Guru

Model: FE

F4+ =^^=

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 05, 2009, 09:35:18 PM »

Hi maybeonedayillgetanFC (geez what a long name!)

Vishacki! That's it!  Grin Mick was a really nice guy when I met him a few times.  Now you mention it I do vaguely recall the USM guys saying something about his car getting written off.  A real pity - it had absolutely beautiful panel and paint.   Undecided

Kathi

NosFEratu
maybeonedayillgetanFC

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 05, 2009, 09:42:08 PM »

Hi maybeonedayillgetanFC (geez what a long name!)

Vishacki! That's it!  Grin Mick was a really nice guy when I met him a few times.  Now you mention it I do vaguely recall the USM guys saying something about his car getting written off.  A real pity - it had absolutely beautiful panel and paint.   Undecided

Kathi

Yes yes it did have good panel, my friend did the body while working for Mick, and even witnessed the crash.. Shocked

And the yellow HQ monaro at the 82 Nat's also made the front cover of street machine mag when the mag was in its fledging days, a real accomplishment way back then. Unfortunately, the owner/builder(his name escapes me) of the car drowned whilst surfing, his brother then took possession of the car, and where it is now, one can only wonder...
toorat

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 13, 2012, 12:14:22 PM »

So what I can remember off the top of my head -

Maroon chopped FE  (SA) - Marino Gregoric.  Rino still has it and is currently seeing about getting it back on the road - might need a new paint job though from what I've been told

Red FC (SA) - Jim Wolf.  I'm pretty sure Jim sold it a couple of years.  He was also the National Director of the ASMF at one stage.

Black & Silver FC "Gunna's Dunnit" (Vic) - Lindsay Gunston.  I believe Gunna sold it a number of years later

Black Monaro (Qld) - Wayne Pagel.  I think he may still have this - I seem to recall coming across a web site about the cars that he and his son were building a little while ago.

The Van with the Murals (SA) - mmm now where do I know that one from?  Given to the Birdwood Motor Museum - now part of their collection and still looks exactly the same.

Kathi
k here goes nothing the pictures in this post of the fc panel van is mine and the picture of the black and silver fc sedan belonged to my mate and his name is lindsey atkinson. me and another mate did the body work and paint for his fc and he later sold it and it went to korumburra never to be seen again that i know of.
NosFEratu
Guru

F4+ =^^=

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: September 13, 2012, 02:01:45 PM »

Hi Toorat

Why on earth was I thinking "Gunston" for Lyndsay's last name?  er duh! probably cos of him always being called Gunna!  Cheesy 

If you still see him at all please pass on my best wishes to him.

Kathi

NosFEratu
NosFEratu
Guru

F4+ =^^=

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: September 13, 2012, 03:56:42 PM »

Forgot to ask Toorat, do you still have your van?

NosFEratu
toorat

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: September 14, 2012, 02:44:52 PM »

So what I can remember off the top of my head -

Maroon chopped FE  (SA) - Marino Gregoric.  Rino still has it and is currently seeing about getting it back on the road - might need a new paint job though from what I've been told

Red FC (SA) - Jim Wolf.  I'm pretty sure Jim sold it a couple of years.  He was also the National Director of the ASMF at one stage.

Black & Silver FC "Gunna's Dunnit" (Vic) - Lindsay Gunston.  I believe Gunna sold it a number of years later

Black Monaro (Qld) - Wayne Pagel.  I think he may still have this - I seem to recall coming across a web site about the cars that he and his son were building a little while ago.

The Van with the Murals (SA) - mmm now where do I know that one from?  Given to the Birdwood Motor Museum - now part of their collection and still looks exactly the same.

Kathi
Forgot to ask Toorat, do you still have your van?
sold the van to son inlaw after i put a 320 hp tunnel rammed chev in it and he sold it about 5 years ago to the publican of the star hotel in rutherglen who still has it.have not seen gunna in 20 years last i heard he was a snap on tool rep
Rusty_T
nsw-club

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: September 14, 2012, 08:57:00 PM »

Hi all,

I came across that Maroon FE in Berri SA early this year. Same colour, same rego. Bonnet was only slightly cracked open didn't get a good look at the "plant" but seemed to be dressed the same as the XU1. I do have a pic somewhere, so I'll post it when found. Interesting that these cars are still around.

Cheers Rusty
Rusty_T
nsw-club

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: September 14, 2012, 09:20:09 PM »

Here it is.

Note the date, it was April this year.

Still is a nice looking car.

This was with it as well.

Cheers Rusty
GOA350
vic-club

FE's are great when they've got a V8

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: September 24, 2012, 07:33:58 PM »

I've seen Toorat's old van in Rutherglen and spoke to the new owner a couple of years ago.
NES304
Guru

Model: FC

Yes Dear

nes304
View Profile
« Reply #30 on: September 25, 2012, 10:40:55 PM »

12 Slotters on Holdens
F#@k I hate 12 Slotters

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Share this topic...