FE-FC Holden Discussion Forum
May 02, 2024, 07:25:47 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: The FE-FC Holden Car Club of NSW are proud to host the 19th FE-FC Holden Nationals. Check out the announcement video for more.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 12   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: Injected V8 FC  (Read 251227 times)
brett_f

Model: FC

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile
« Reply #160 on: May 06, 2012, 08:30:00 PM »

Billy, No probs mate to ask questions. Not exactly sure of position. I suggest removing the outside wiper arms and marking the round parts they go onto with a line in line with the lower part of the windscreen. (where you would find the arms to be in the park position. Kepp adusting the inner arm on the motor and keep remarking the outer part of the wiper support until it parks in the right spot. Best i can do to instruct you mate. Regards Brett
fcwrangler
nsw-club
Guru

JIM-- Gilead NSW

Jim Tuckwell
View Profile
« Reply #161 on: May 06, 2012, 08:45:47 PM »

Billy, if you leave the control arms hooked up to offset shafts you can rotate them until the wiper arms sit just above the bottom of the screen rubber, you should then be able to see where the arm will fit onto the wiper motor shaft and replace the arm and the nut. I would then take the wiper arms off the pivots and put some tape over the pivot with a tag pointing to where the arms sit at rest and then turn the wipers on and off to see if they return to the rest position.
Regards Jim

on the seventh day: God Made Holden
mcl1959
vic-club
Guru

FE's rule

View Profile
« Reply #162 on: May 06, 2012, 08:50:11 PM »

Stert the motor up and park it. When installed you look under the dash and as you put the first arm on it should point towards 10 pm. Pretty much it points toward the LH wiper arm base if you know what I mean Huh

Ken
Billy Blackarrow

Model: other Holden

View Profile
« Reply #163 on: May 08, 2012, 08:35:56 PM »

Hi Brett
Bench tested the wiper set up to day I am as happy as a pig in S--t it all works  "which you new anyway" I was surprised at the little difference there is between 1st speed and 2nd speed I didn't have arms on and I didn't count the revolution  just didn't seam that different but VNs use them so must be OK. I would like to thank you again for the know how and help, I am Shaw it will help others in my position, after all that is what these forums are all about isn't it
                     BILLY

BILLY BLACKARROW
brett_f

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile
« Reply #164 on: May 09, 2012, 07:49:11 AM »

Billy, Thats good news im glad your happy with the set up. It did my head in trying to modify a switch. It was after many hours on the computer that i found this switch. I bought the ones they sell for the hot rods and it was very poor in design and build and looked exactly what you would buy from china. Threw it away and when i got this one it was perfect and was solid in design. I am concerned you dont think there is much difference in the speeds. I would recheck as it should be quite noticable. You may have a faulty wiper. Check your wiring first.
Regards Brett
FCRB26
Guru

Model: FE and FC

peter.mallaby
View Profile
« Reply #165 on: May 09, 2012, 09:44:06 AM »

put it all in and check it for 2 speeds before getting too concerned im sure with a bit of load it will be fine and noticable.

Pete

FE 4 ME
qld-club

Model: FE

"A Sweet Sensation"

View Profile
« Reply #166 on: May 09, 2012, 11:38:40 AM »

No doubt i will be re-reading this thread when i come to installing my VN/VP wiper motor, i have the same switch as you brett, so thankx heaps for the time you took to post all your info and pics

Your time and efforts i'm sure have helped many more and saved many more hours of frustration

+1 from me..  thankx heaps

FE 4 ME

$$$ Parts Catalogue 1948-1969 for sale ONLY $15 $$ all Money goes to the FE/FC Club QLD PM Me to get this great Catalogue
brett_f

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile
« Reply #167 on: May 09, 2012, 02:22:57 PM »

You are welcome FE4me. That is what these forums should be all about. Sharing information that other wise we would not know. Not all of us are knowledgable in all areas so it helps. Also keeps the cost down and  and gives us other options especially when parts are becoming obsolete like the EK wiper maotors.
Regards brett
FE 4 ME
qld-club

Model: FE

"A Sweet Sensation"

View Profile
« Reply #168 on: May 09, 2012, 08:12:19 PM »

indeed Brett,
   i find not only is this forum valuable to me to take in all the knownledge others have, but also equally to me is as important is the creativity ( whether by choice or necessity ) that i see on all the builds and upgrades. Sure opens my eyes and understanding of things can be done with both blood, sweat, tears and the easier road...knownledge

your build is not for the faint hearted, like a few other builds on here, but what an inspiration to share in it, even as a spectator it's very uplifting to see it grow and happenpiece by piece, hurdle by hurdle

as ive said many times  " THIS FORUM IS THE BEST " for any FE or FC car owner or fan

it's a great place to come and learn and share in a common passion

"Have a Great Holden ( FE ) Day !!!"  SmileySmileySmiley

FE 4 ME

$$$ Parts Catalogue 1948-1969 for sale ONLY $15 $$ all Money goes to the FE/FC Club QLD PM Me to get this great Catalogue
FCV08

FE FC Club of QLD

View Profile
« Reply #169 on: May 10, 2012, 08:49:17 PM »

Brett

Ditto on FE4ME comments.

Your updates and info have certianly given me a clearer pathway to the finish line.

Cheers

Craig D
NES304
Guru

Yes Dear

nes304
View Profile
« Reply #170 on: May 10, 2012, 09:09:02 PM »

Brett

Ditto on FE4ME comments.

Your updates and info have certianly given me a clearer pathway to the finish line.

Cheers

Craig D
Yeah me too, Then you'll have to start a new thread with you photos and comments only without all of us butting in!!

Billy Blackarrow

Model: other Holden

View Profile
« Reply #171 on: May 20, 2012, 07:52:06 PM »

HI ALL
 Been away for a week on Holidays ,Did another bench test today on the wipers LOW speed is 36 revolutions a minute
                                                                                                            HIGH speed is 46 revolutions a minute
Anyone know the legal requirements for modified car
 BILLY

BILLY BLACKARROW
brett_f

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile
« Reply #172 on: August 12, 2012, 05:01:24 PM »

Well finally got a bit of good weather and some time. Sourced a small alloy bottle from the states to modify for my washer bottle. Didn't want a big ugly bottle under the bonnet. After all how many times are you going to take it out in the rain? Also suits what i have under the bonnet.
NES304
Guru

Yes Dear

nes304
View Profile
« Reply #173 on: August 12, 2012, 06:25:47 PM »

That's a sweet looking bay mate

fink fc

View Profile
« Reply #174 on: August 12, 2012, 07:38:58 PM »

Just luv that stricker plate for the bonnet lock,how do you get it that ''shiney'' Brett,lol.  Gaz! Cheesy Grin
brett_f

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile
« Reply #175 on: August 12, 2012, 08:24:13 PM »

Ok Gaz, Should have seen that coming. Now just for you the next update will be a painted bonnet catch and i will also clean up some of the loose edges just to keep you happy. But seriously, those items have been the least of my concerns. Just need to get her engineered. Regards Brett
fink fc

View Profile
« Reply #176 on: August 13, 2012, 09:45:00 AM »

Sorry mate,just couldn't resist,the w/bottle is a snug fit,looks great,that should keep em happy,not long now hey Brett. Cool
brett_f

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile
« Reply #177 on: September 10, 2012, 04:56:01 PM »

Ok Gaz, this message is for you. The bonnet catch is now painted. R U happy. On another note i am toying with the idea of attending the renegades show on sunday weather permitting. Is it at the Westgate leisure centre?
Brett
fink fc

View Profile
« Reply #178 on: September 10, 2012, 05:36:43 PM »

Yeah,i will probably see you there,tak'n the mates trike,heez try'n to sell it,i might give the van a scrub and blow out the cobwebbs. Grin
brett_f

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile
« Reply #179 on: September 19, 2012, 05:55:09 PM »

Finally got to drive the vehicle on the weekend. So far so good. Got her weighed today. 1.36 tonnes for those who need or want to know. Not far off now.
Regards Brett
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 12   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Share this topic...
In a forum (BBCode) 
In a site/blog (HTML)

Jump to: