FE-FC Holden Discussion Forum
May 08, 2024, 10:34:15 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Are you a member of one of the FE-FC Holden Car Clubs of Australia ? If you are, get access to the Club-Member-only area of this discussion board. Send an IM to the board admin, including your real name and club to get access.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: bucket seats for fc  (Read 3544 times)
twitch

cant go past an FC

View Profile
« on: August 25, 2003, 07:35:29 AM »

just wondering what would be the best bucket seats to put in an fc sedan that doesnt require to much stuffing around as i am putting in a 4 speed in the near future. or should i stay with the bench seat and get it cut out. would this be a cheaper option?

FC's rule
Jockster

Old Holdens never die they just go faster

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 25, 2003, 10:06:12 AM »

I fitted VH Commodore S/LE Buckets to mine, just required the manufacture of a couple of outer brackets to get the seats level. You sit marginally higher than the original but I find it ok. The bonus is you can remove the headrests if you don't want the high back seat look.
Cheers
Jock

Cars are my life not just my work
RET
Administrator
Guru

Model: FE

richard.e.thomas ret56fe
View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: August 26, 2003, 12:18:56 AM »

I think the amount of stuffing around is about the same no matter what you fit.  For the sake of the record I have LJ Torana seats, previously had HQ buckets, but they were a bit fat too fit the console between, and reverse (this was in the days when Faecal was manual) was a bit hard to select because you had to push against the passenger seat a bit to select it.

I'm quite happy with the Torana buckets.  With the headrests removed they still have to low-back look.  I've never yet seen an FE/FC with high-back buckets that looked good, to my mind anyway Wink

cheers
RET

OurCarClub.com.au is a web-based data management application, custom built for car clubs and their volunteer officials. More info...
FEHOLDEN

like all good things...it will happen eventually.

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 26, 2003, 12:33:07 AM »

gidday twitch

there is a string on this site re fitting an m20 4sp to fc with bench seat no time to look for it now but i think it is a very clever idea and one which i am going to use myself when the time comes [eventaully Grin]

denis
RET
Administrator
Guru

Model: FE

richard.e.thomas ret56fe
View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: August 26, 2003, 02:05:42 AM »

The article Denis referred to is available in the Tech Info area, with heaps of detail about making up an adaptor to move the M20 shifter forward far enough to clear the bench seat if you want to retain it.

Obviously what box you intend to use can limit your options here.

cheers
RET

OurCarClub.com.au is a web-based data management application, custom built for car clubs and their volunteer officials. More info...
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Share this topic...
In a forum (BBCode) 
In a site/blog (HTML)

Jump to: