FE-FC Holden Discussion Forum
May 16, 2024, 02:20:08 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Are you a member of one of the FE-FC Holden Car Clubs of Australia ? If you are, get access to the Club-Member-only area of this discussion board. Send an IM to the board admin, including your real name and club to get access.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: FB brake spring  (Read 9008 times)
john116

Holdin' you in my Holden

View Profile
« on: March 17, 2005, 06:47:34 AM »

Sorry - I know on the wrong forum, but can anyone tell me where the spring for the brake pedal in an FB sedan is supposed to be attached. And, does anyone have a spare one they can sell me? It seems to be missing off a car I recently bought.

If anyone has a pic/diagram of where it's supposed to be, would be appreciated.

Thanks,

John
Phantom

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2005, 09:43:15 AM »

John 116 Why dont you join the fb/ek car club and ask your questions about your model to them?
                         Cheers Rusty

Bogans rule
HARKO
« Reply #2 on: March 17, 2005, 11:12:31 AM »

Arent they exactly the same !!!! as fe fc that is .
Dont shrug him off too quickly phantom ,Id say I posted around 200 of my posts whilst owning an EK before I realised I could have both and I now have three FCs.

Truth is as we all know that there is no other equal site to this and that alone is helping create owners come members.
blacky

Model: other Holden

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 17, 2005, 10:00:41 PM »

I must agree with Harko here , I first started here owning an FB  and a HQ ,and have only recently bought an FC . Besides , have you had a look at the FB/EK websites ? Theres more traffic on this site in a day than they have in a month.  

I spent most of my money on beer , fast cars and women - the rest I just wasted.
john116

Holdin' you in my Holden

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 17, 2005, 10:54:53 PM »

Exactly - that's why I asked you guys.  Fast informative responses. I know I'm on the wrong forum as such, but hope to be an FE or FC owner in the future, once I've finished my FB project.  Anyway - thanks for all the comments/help.
parisian62

Feelin free, in a 61 FB.

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 17, 2005, 11:53:20 PM »

John,

I'll try and get a piccy or diagram for you and post it up tomorrow.  

Regards
Stewart
john116

Holdin' you in my Holden

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 18, 2005, 12:47:47 AM »

Thanks!
RET
Administrator
Guru

Model: FE

richard.e.thomas ret56fe
View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: March 18, 2005, 01:32:32 AM »

Phantom,

Pull your head in a bit, there's no need to make people feel unwelcome.

John,

Feel free to ask pertinent questions here, you'll find lots of helpful people - FE/FC and FB/EK owners - happy to give advice.

Speaking generally however, Phantom raises a point worth considering.  As long as FB/EK owners are using this site in preference to the FB/EK one, that forum is never going to reach "critical mass".  Success of a forum is very much self-fulfilling: you need the traffic to generate the traffic.  Our forum took a few years to really become the success that it is now.

So if you've got an interest in FB/EKs, showing support for their forum by using it - as well as this one, of course! - is the key to making it successful.

cheers
RET

OurCarClub.com.au is a web-based data management application, custom built for car clubs and their volunteer officials. More info...
blacky

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 18, 2005, 05:34:17 AM »

I happen to be a member of the FB/EK Club in Victoria , seeing as there is no equivalent club in W.A. , I visit their site fairly regularly .
A couple of times the subject of lack of traffic has been raised , and they maintain that first and foremost it is a club members website .
The other FB/EK clubs have their own websites , and there are plenty of links , etc , but they are all pretty much a stand alone operation.
This site beats the pants off them because you have all the clubs Australia wide on one website all playing together as one big happy (usually) family .
Just my two bobs worth .

I spent most of my money on beer , fast cars and women - the rest I just wasted.
blacky

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 18, 2005, 05:35:40 AM »

P.S. Sorry John 116 for hijacking your thread.

Phantom

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 18, 2005, 07:59:33 AM »

OOPS sorry guys consider my head pulled in harder than a mutant teenage ninja turtle's ,
                                  Cheers Rusty(Phantom)

Bogans rule
parisian62

Feelin free, in a 61 FB.

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 18, 2005, 09:28:43 PM »

John,

See piccy of where brake spring is held in place by a small hole in underside of dash.  The black bracket you can see is the support for the hand brake.  Hope this helps.  Were you able to get a spring?

I'm a member of the FB EK Holden Car Club of NSW.  We do have a forum and don't mind non-members posting stuff up. Its address is http://www.geocities.com/fbeknsw/index.html  Its very basic and all we can manage at the moment but we aspire to the achievements our older FE FC brothers  Smiley

Stewart

john116

Holdin' you in my Holden

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 19, 2005, 03:28:45 AM »

Stewart - thanks for the posting. Have confirmed I don't have a spring where one should be, but am yet to track down a spare one from anywhere.

John
blacky

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 19, 2005, 03:49:30 AM »

Pretty sure I will have one of those on an old ute , will check it out tonight.

Martin

Model: FC

Jim

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 19, 2005, 12:58:37 PM »

Who says our FB/EK brothers haven't got anything to show us? Have a look at that pic Parisian62/Stewart has posted.  Considering its under an up behind the dashboard, looking to the rear of the car (Ig'n switch & light switch visible), that's one hell of a clear picture.

Martin

The liver is evil.  It must be PUNISHED

Martin
Marion.  South Aust.

Ebay user id:  lewis1411
Phantom

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: April 09, 2005, 07:55:08 AM »

I was told to" pull my head in"  when i mentioned that ppl should go to their relevant car forums to post and ask questions about the particular models of cars , what a turn around in a few weeks, Rusty

Bogans rule
mcl1959
vic-club
Guru

FE's rule

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 09, 2005, 09:25:15 PM »

I believe the spring in the pic is installed upside down!
You can see how it would come out quite easily with a slight push backwards.  The way to install the spring is to feed through the hole in the dash first feeding it all the way around then attach to the brake pedal pin.
By the way - The spring is not the same as FE/FC spring, so you must get one from an FB/EK.

Phanto, first we always try to help, but as Richard says, other forums cannot survive if everyone comes to our site for info!  However if we just push them off without a second thought, then a future FE or FC owner may not eventuate.
I do believe that this sites PRIME objective is to help FE and FC owners, but also to help POTENTIAL FE and FC owners as well!

Just my thoughts    Ken
fe2ek
vic-club

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 10, 2005, 03:40:40 AM »

As an owner of 2 eks plus Fe & Fc ,I think you would find it suprising how many of our forum members have an interest in FbEk's.As Blacky says,Our site is national where as the Vic FbEk site,which is set out the same as our forum,is run by the Vic club.I think the FbEk clubs should join forces and start a national forum.It seems to be a political reason as to why they dont.I myself dont use the Vic FbEk site anymore as you dont get answers for a month.Its a shame the site does not get used as the guy who has set it up has done an outstanding job.
My 3 cents worth.
Cheers Geoff
earlyholdenfan

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 10, 2005, 06:29:27 AM »

Appologies right up front guys, I to have a bet each way, I own an FJ and an EK! I raised the subject of a national FB EK board on the state board and my post was edited (deleted)
I enjoy coming here for the tech info, the shots of fantastic cars, and the friendships that perpetuate here!
This board is an inspiration to others and will always have us other model owners catching the FE FC bug, partly because of this community!
Stepping down off soap box now!
Matt

P.S. looking to mend my ways and buy an FC (only since coming here)
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Share this topic...
In a forum (BBCode) 
In a site/blog (HTML)

Jump to: