FE-FC Holden Discussion Forum
May 14, 2024, 05:51:50 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: The FE-FC Holden Car Club of NSW are proud to host the 19th FE-FC Holden Nationals. Check out the announcement video for more.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: Ek Wheel tubbing or modification  (Read 2976 times)
TorqueFC
Guru

Modified?

View Profile
« on: April 04, 2005, 04:04:26 AM »

we are getting closer to having to do the quarters and were thinking of wheels for the car, does anyone know what is the largest tyre/rim we can put on it without it rubbing as the car will be very very low

does anyone know how bad it is to unpick the inner guards and move in the inners only closer to the chassis, we do not wish to move the chassis, just so we can possibly fit a little bit larger wheel

not quite related to this topic but does anyone know how low a car can be for registration, we think it is 3 inches but not 100%

cheers
torque

tests have proven that the final words before a fatal urban car crash are "OH ****"

in a rural car crash they are " Hold my stubby and watch this for skill!"
Glenn 'Stinky' Stankevicius
Guru

Model: FE and FC

Willaston, South Australia

Glenn.Stankevicius
View Profile
« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2005, 04:27:39 AM »

1. There was a discussion about this for FE/FC's a while back and I think a maximum width of 245 tyres was the largest, but I think they rubbed in extremes. I have 14x7 steelies with 235 rubber on my FE, but it is still to be road tested.

2. Might be a question for FATBOY, there were some picks of him doing this.

3. In SA the car must have at least 100mm ground clearance and for FE/FCs I have been told I need 25mm of bump stop clearance at the front and 67mm at the rear with minimum bump stop rubber height of 51mm. Generally though, I think you have to retain 2/3's of the original suspension travel.

TorqueFC
Guru

Modified?

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 04, 2005, 04:36:53 AM »

thanks stinky
i know on our fc the rear guards have been slighly pumped, and it did have 245 but they rubbed, so it went 235 on a 8 inch rim and it only rubs slightly when goin fast around corners

also i am sure that on the ek you can fit a slightly larger wheel under the back as the guards go up further and im sure they go out a little more

cheers
torque

tests have proven that the final words before a fatal urban car crash are "OH ****"

in a rural car crash they are " Hold my stubby and watch this for skill!"
Woodie

Old Holden Fan

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 15, 2005, 11:32:17 AM »

I did alot of playing around with my EK and am running 14x7 Dagway 5 spokes with 195-65's on them. using 14x7 is about as far as you want to go on an EK without tubbing plus running 195-65's is much better on the arms for turning if ya using standard sterring i found.
they sit just inside the guards. JUST...lol. but havent had any rubbing probs yet.

hope this helps. cheers.................

Woodie
FATBOY
Guru

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 15, 2005, 01:21:45 PM »

265 fit inside my guards with ease. streetneat was doing something on moving to the chassis rail. you can see his work at old holden .com.au

step the chassis its only aweekend job for two blokes lol

fatboy
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Share this topic...
In a forum (BBCode) 
In a site/blog (HTML)

Jump to: