FE-FC Holden Discussion Forum
May 19, 2024, 06:33:00 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Are you a member of one of the FE-FC Holden Car Clubs of Australia ? If you are, get access to the Club-Member-only area of this discussion board. Send an IM to the board admin, including your real name and club to get access.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: rear guard spears  (Read 5369 times)
smithy
Guru

yeah its purple !

View Profile WWW
« on: February 16, 2004, 09:38:47 PM »

hi all, searching for a pair of rear spears in good - very good cond only.
send me a pm or 0418865326.
thanks
dean

i may be getting older, but i refuse to grow up!
craiga
« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2004, 09:57:12 PM »

Hi Dean,

I just sent away a pair to get chromed only to discover when they returned that the one part number describes two different types - one for all FC up to May 1959 and one for post May 1959. This is when the final paint scheme was produced - the cars with the extra stainless strip between the rear quarter spears and the "C" pillar.

The later units have a notch in the pointed end to accept the stainless strip - I had to file mine down to fit - not an enjoyable experience with beautiful new chrome.

Hope the info helps.

Cheers,

Craig.
smithy
Guru

yeah its purple !

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: February 16, 2004, 11:03:18 PM »

hi craig,  thanks for replying. i know the feeling with filing new chrome down, not fun is it. i had to do it with new bumper bars!!!

my bad, i should have said the stainless steel spear which runs along the side of the rear quarter to the tail lights.
if some-one has one of these it would be great if i could get the clips aswell.
thanks
again
dean

COL58FE

FE225

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 17, 2004, 10:07:29 AM »

;)smithy,which side do ya need i've got two set's for fc special sedan very good shinny sorry need the clip's,i'm in maitland n.s.w cheer's COL58FE 8)p.s i think craiga thought you were talking about the 1/4 fin's.late 59 are different too he's right,but they look great iwas going to but them on my fe then i was told don't be silly.cheer's COL58FE Cool
« Last Edit: February 17, 2004, 10:16:11 AM by dawry351 » Logged
smithy
Guru

yeah its purple !

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: February 17, 2004, 11:08:37 AM »

hey col, yeh i should have thought about the fins when i was writing the first post, but cheers heaps to craig. i was going to do the same thing to mine (put the fin extensions on) till i to was told same. :-/

now back to the spears, depending on how much you want for them two would be ideal as long as the finish is good, but in a pinch i really just need the drivers side. (are they different each side or can they just be flipped?)

i had one of mine turn pretzel on me as i was trying to straighten out some bad dents and bends.
send me a pm and we shall talk.
thanks again mate
dean Grin

COL58FE

FE225

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 19, 2004, 08:19:39 AM »

G'DAY SMITHY, DOE'S $10-00 SOUND FAIR IF IT'S YOUR'S ,BUT FOR $60-00 YA CAN HAVE LEFT/RIGHT COMPLETE SET OF SIDE MOULD'S.CHEER'S COL58FE. Cool
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Share this topic...
In a forum (BBCode) 
In a site/blog (HTML)

Jump to: