FE-FC Holden Discussion Forum
May 19, 2024, 05:53:42 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: The FE-FC Holden Car Club of NSW are proud to host the 19th FE-FC Holden Nationals. Check out the announcement video for more.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: BENCH SEAT ENDS.  (Read 5302 times)
marknt
« on: April 02, 2003, 11:06:35 PM »

???HI, I'M AFTER THE BITS THAT GO ON EACH END OF THE FC FRONT BENCH SEAT AND UP THE BACK CORNERS.
MINE WERE MISSING WHEN I GOT THE VEHICLE SO I DON'T KNOW WHAT THEY ARE MADE OF. THEY ARE HELD ON BY SCREWS AND ARE POSSIBLY METAL COVERED IN VINYL WITH CHROME TRIMS. IF ANY ONE KNOWS WHERE I CAN SOURCE SOME FROM COULD YOU PLEASE GET BACK TO ME ON 0417844568 OR elliottsnt@bigpond.com
CHEERS. MARK DARWIN
graham_fuller
nsw-club
Guru

Model: FE

I love YaBB 1 Gold!

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2003, 12:52:56 AM »

Mark,
The parts you need are plastic and thats why in a lot of cases they are missing as they broke fairly easily.The bottom ones you can get from Harrisons in Qld.The back ones (as they come in 2 parts) are hard to get as they aren't remade (not enough interest as I was looking into making them).But try SLIM on the site he may have some.
Cheers,
Graham Wink
slim
Guru

Model: FE and FC

Ring 0420768346 for genuine FE/FC parts.

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 03, 2003, 03:00:46 AM »

Sorry Gents , Non at present, They go like wildfire , when I have them. Cry

Im located at Liverpool, NSW
marknt
« Reply #3 on: April 03, 2003, 09:36:17 AM »

Thank's for the info, I'll try Harrisons as suggested and keep my eyes open for some. Mark  nt
customFC
nsw-club
Guru

Model: FC

Ask me about microwaving cats for fun or profit.

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 03, 2003, 10:11:17 AM »

FB EK's had basically the same thing in steel. If your not doing a resto, these look good and would last forever. Paint them any colour you want, you could even chrome them.
Regards
Alex

fe2ek
vic-club

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 03, 2003, 07:57:58 PM »

I tried EK ones, they didnt fit.Screw  holes in wrong spot and the steel seemed really tight on the seat fabric, to the point where i thought I might damage the fabric.
Regards Geoff
slim
Guru

Model: FE and FC

Ring 0420768346 for genuine FE/FC parts.

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 03, 2003, 08:39:55 PM »

If you are looking for another alternative , I had the trimmer do a Bench seat recently for my FC sedan which know has erradicated them altogether.  Super clean look , and saves listening for that cracking noise as the passenger hops into your vehicle.  If I had a dollar for every broken one , I be at Las Vegas on the High rollers Table. Of course if your doing it to look original , this is not for you .  But it is food for thought , And looks great Shocked    I will keep my eyes out for the plastic bits for you all the same
« Last Edit: April 03, 2003, 08:41:08 PM by slim » Logged

Im located at Liverpool, NSW
graham_fuller
nsw-club
Guru

Model: FE

I love YaBB 1 Gold!

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 03, 2003, 08:40:44 PM »

Geoff,
I found the same with the EK surrounds very tight and don't really fit right.
Cheers,
Graham
stevo56

Built Not Bought!

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 16, 2003, 08:17:22 AM »

Harrisons?HuhHuh??
Are they the dudes near the Adult XXX shop and the Funeral directors in Brissie. (Hey they both handle stiffs OK)

There's also a tattoo joint next door if it's the place I'm thinking of.

Mate, I've heard nothing but bad reports here about them.
I'm not trying to start a p!ssing match about them but I'm a bit wary on what I've heard.

On a lighter note, the FE seats are almost perfect but the plastics are shagged.
I'd like to see the finished article without them.
Thanks, Steve
Effie C

Model: other Holden

Still Lost & Confused

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: April 16, 2003, 09:54:00 AM »

Steve
Harrisons are on the opposite side of the freeway / motorway from Fitzy's hotel at Loganholme, the slightly off pink building.
There are sex shops down the road and usally a hotrod or two parked next door.
Harrison started out mainly doing EH stuff but now will sell about anything, a bit rough in the shop area but who cares if you get what you want a the price you feel is right.

Good Luck and hope toseeyou at the Nats (If I can get there)

John M

LIVE LIFE ONE DAY AT A TIME,FOR TOMORROW MAY NEVER COME!

Photo Site:http://img53.photobucket.com/albums/v161/EffieC/
FCwagon
vic-club

Model: FC

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 16, 2003, 08:21:59 PM »

Hi Guys,
I've found FB-EK ones are a little tight also but if you belt the rear Fe-FC mount tag on the seat flat & drill new holes for the metal surround it's a perfect fit. Also it's not tight on the fabric if you use the FE-FC spacers behind it. I'm fitting an FC seat into my FB that I had retrimmed and have fitted up the FB surrounds -looks great.
Of course with an FE-FC seat you need to have it trimmed lower down the back corner to cover the poxy looking unfinished part that's covered by the straight plastic bits because the FB-EK surrounds are lower.
cheers,
Leigh

Red & white is alright
marknt
« Reply #11 on: April 17, 2003, 06:10:26 AM »

cheers for the feedback from everyone, but I've dealt with Harrisons already and aquired some reproduction fibreglass ones from them which once painted will look like the real thing but with some flexibility unlike the hard plastic originals!. I also found the service to very prompt and professional, unlike some outfits in the NT! Cheesy Cheesy  THANKS MARK NT
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Share this topic...
In a forum (BBCode) 
In a site/blog (HTML)

Jump to: