FE-FC Holden Discussion Forum
May 13, 2024, 11:13:55 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Are you a member of one of the FE-FC Holden Car Clubs of Australia ? If you are, get access to the Club-Member-only area of this discussion board. Send an IM to the board admin, including your real name and club to get access.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: Lights, Wipers, Belts  (Read 2844 times)
Andy Mark
« on: April 19, 2000, 12:00:00 PM »

I've just picked up an FB and only a couple of things are keeping it from being on the road again. The Wipers dont work. The vacuum seems to be leaking. Do they have a diaphragm? Are they easily fitted and where can I get one? The light switch is also not working. Once again has anyone found this problem, is it easily fixed? or purchased? Also Im looking at getting some seat belts into it. I've seen past comments on this issue. Are there any belts that are suitable for an FB? thanks
John

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2000, 12:00:00 PM »

try Rare Spares preston@rarespares.net.au or http://www.rarespares.net.au
mike

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 20, 2000, 12:00:00 PM »

With your lights, check that it is not the foot operated high low beam switch that is stuffed and not the dash switch - it is alot cheaper and easily sourced if it is the problem.  Didn't FB,s have mechanical wipers the same as the EK's and not vacume?
Ken McLean
« Reply #3 on: April 21, 2000, 12:00:00 PM »

Fit EK electric wipers instead of the vacuum unit, An FE/FC light switch is the same as FB. I have both these items available as well as a complete set of red lap/sash belts that came out of an FE. Does red suit your interior colour? Contact me on ken.mclean@belden.com.au      Ken
none@unknown.net
« Reply #4 on: April 28, 2000, 12:00:00 PM »

fb's had vacuum wipers.ek's had electric. good idea to fit ek wipers if possible. the vacuum wipers went slower the faster u went
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Share this topic...
In a forum (BBCode) 
In a site/blog (HTML)

Jump to: