FE-FC Holden Discussion Forum
May 10, 2024, 06:18:56 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: The FE-FC Holden Car Club of NSW are proud to host the 19th FE-FC Holden Nationals. Check out the announcement video for more.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: THERMO FANS ???  (Read 2121 times)
Blown_FC

FC Holdens & Mini Coopers....Cars of the Century

View Profile
« on: May 31, 2004, 09:42:45 PM »

Hey guys ( and gals )......I've just ordered an Aussie Desert Cooler ( Triple FLow Triple Core ) in FC size, to go into my 202 Red FC.

Now to help cool it a bit more, I've heaerd thermo fans are better.

My question is, I've seen thermos fitted behind the radiator ( motor side ), and also in front of the radiator.  Is there a better side to fit the fan ?   SHould it push or pull the air through ?

Or can you have a thermo each side ?

What size and brand of fans ( thermo or not ), would fit either between the grille and radiator, or the radiator and water pump pulley ?

Any help is really appreciated.

Cheers

Mark

collecta
Guru

Model: FE and FC

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 31, 2004, 10:05:45 PM »

Mark,
Thermo fans are the way to go, using one will save you horse power it may only be up to 5%, but every bit helps. Fan in front or behind will depend on the fan purchased as some are designed to blow or suck  gee that reminds me of a[ woops of the track a little Grin] i used two on my 308 one in front and one in the engine bay worked a treat it did run A/C tho. Their are alot of fans on the market davies craig are good,and widley available. hope this helps a bit.
cheers Scott

i collect old holdens coz they never die!
Jockster

Old Holdens never die they just go faster

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 01, 2004, 05:19:35 AM »

Mark
I run front mounted 17 inch Craig Davies Fans on both of my FC's. The one that runs the X2 Engine only runs a standard radiator and never gets over 190 degrees F even in slow traffic, the one with the modified engine runs an Aussie Desert Cooler 3 core radiator and it never runs above 170 degres F. The X2 Motored Fan runs all the time as soon as the ignition is turned on (it does have a manual on off switch as well, the other one has a thermo sensor to automatically switch it on and off
Cheers
Jock

Cars are my life not just my work
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Share this topic...
In a forum (BBCode) 
In a site/blog (HTML)

Jump to: