FE-FC Holden Discussion Forum
May 04, 2024, 09:43:45 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Are you a member of one of the FE-FC Holden Car Clubs of Australia ? If you are, get access to the Club-Member-only area of this discussion board. Send an IM to the board admin, including your real name and club to get access.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: Smiths heater ad  (Read 3611 times)
Hewart
nsw-club

Model: FC

Holden on forever...

profile.php?id=1071847991 hewart
View Profile
« on: October 30, 2002, 11:09:43 AM »

Drive warm and safely this (or next) winter  Smiley

Cheers...

customFC
Guru

Ask me about microwaving cats for fun or profit.

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 30, 2002, 12:05:54 PM »

Hey Les.
That's a nice advert featuring the FE. Where was it published and when?
Thanks for sharing.
Regards
Alex

Hewart
nsw-club

Holden on forever...

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 31, 2002, 09:55:57 AM »

G'day Alex...
I don't think this particular ad was published..., definately the version I have isn't from a magazine or newspaper. I think it must be some kind of advertising flier from the actual Holden dealership ... It was just a small one-sided leaflet (about the same size it is here).

It came from one of our former members' FBs believe it or not... A few years ago he bought an original old yellow and white FB from an old fellow who had it sitting in his garage.... as is often the story, he was able to collect a lot of original brochures that went with the car too. With it was the FB sales brochure, FB price lists for the Coggins dealership in Camperdown - with colour options etc, and a few other bits and pieces including this ad.

He was good enough to let me borrow it all and I photocopied it on a good colour photocopier here at work.... I thought I had a colour version of that rare ute ad you've got, but it turned out to be the FB version (sort of)....

I also have a copy of the original photo used in this heater ad if you want that too....

Cheers...
Les...

customFC
Guru

Ask me about microwaving cats for fun or profit.

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 01, 2002, 12:41:11 AM »

Hey Les.
I would love to see that FB advert for the ute. I would also love a copy of the FE pic used in this advert, not to mention a copy of the advert itself.
Am I being too demanding?
Regards
Alex

Hewart
nsw-club

Holden on forever...

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 04, 2002, 06:41:58 AM »

G'day Alex...
I'll see what I can do for 'ya.... I don't really have the same access these dayz to that beaut copier... something about management thinking to many people were using it for "non-production work", what ever that means... Roll Eyes...
The FB ute ad, looking at it again, is more of a brochure than an ad, but you'll see.... and with the above Smith's ad above, I just realised that (on auto pilot) I scanned it in in B&W.... there's only a bit of spot colour on it, but I will try to replace it with the coloured version later tonight...
Cheers...
Les....

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Share this topic...
In a forum (BBCode) 
In a site/blog (HTML)

Jump to: