FE-FC Holden Discussion Forum
May 11, 2024, 05:59:10 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: The FE-FC Holden Car Club of NSW are proud to host the 19th FE-FC Holden Nationals. Check out the announcement video for more.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: NATIONALS ENTRIES  (Read 23422 times)
Hewart
nsw-club

Model: FC

Holden on forever...

profile.php?id=1071847991 hewart
View Profile
« Reply #40 on: April 16, 2003, 07:45:10 AM »

G'day guys...

Les Hewitt, SSEHCC editor and FE/FC NSW Club member here.
I just hope the next host club of the next NATS dosen't get too scared off by this thread either....!!!

I couldn't make this one, but after the last one, I'm looking forward to the next one.... did that make sence..??

Cheers.... Wink

Effie C

Model: other Holden

Still Lost & Confused

View Profile WWW
« Reply #41 on: April 16, 2003, 09:32:28 AM »

Just a change of style,found this post on EJ EH Club QLD web site

ye im heading up at easter theres the Fe/Fc nationals on at winders
park Currumbin (Duringan street ) should be worth  a look even
though there not EH's maybe we could all meet there its on 20th
Sunday

Appears this may be the park that is mentioned for show and shine?

John M

LIVE LIFE ONE DAY AT A TIME,FOR TOMORROW MAY NEVER COME!

Photo Site:http://img53.photobucket.com/albums/v161/EffieC/
FC0058
qld-club
Guru

Jim Altmann
View Profile
« Reply #42 on: April 18, 2003, 06:20:57 AM »

Well only one more sleepless night till everyone starts to arrive.

I hope to meet you all sometime over the weekend.

Hope you all enjoy yourselves.

Cheers Jim

Forgiveness is easier than permission.
fc4me

I love YaBB 1 Gold!

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: April 18, 2003, 10:44:41 AM »

To all the travellers "safe and happy motoring" wish i was going. Hope you all do some droollin for me!!!!
craiga
« Reply #44 on: April 26, 2003, 04:12:29 AM »

Just a note to let everyone who didn't get the chance to attend the Nationals what a great event it was. The QLD guys did a FANTASTIC job and must be fully congratulated for their efforts. Excellent accomodation, great run on Saturday, slightly small but nevertheless beautiful location for the show and shine, an UNBELIEVABLE meal on Saturday night, a Nat's shirt that I'll never forget Grin, topped off with some incredible quality cars. An all round GREAT event for the FE FC enthusiast.

On the downside I think the "professional" judging left a bit to be desired, not only for their lack of mathematical ability, but also a lack of understanding by the majority of participants of what it meant to have professional judges.  For the next Nats it would be wise to provide a detailed explanation of how the judging process is to be carried out, and a brief overview of each judge and his/her experience and qualifications. It all seemed a bit of a mystery to me  Huh am I alone here?

The only real downer was the damage to one of the entrants cars - WTF is going on Sad

Still can't wait for Jindabyne in two years!!!!!!!

Thanks again to the QLD club.

Cheers,

Craig.
« Last Edit: April 26, 2003, 04:13:04 AM by craiga » Logged
customFC
nsw-club
Guru

Ask me about microwaving cats for fun or profit.

View Profile
« Reply #45 on: April 26, 2003, 08:56:09 AM »

Some great points there Craig.
I would also like to add some comments.
I believe the Qld guys deserve a big pat on the back for the work they put into the preparation and running of the Nats. I think everyone needs to look at things with a bit of perspective. Most people would compare the 9th Nats in Qld with the previous Nats held in Penrith 2 years before. Some things to think about when you do this.
The NSW club have held 3 Nats now, and know what it takes from experience.
They also have a bigger membership, with many of those attending previous Nats and lending a hand.
The Qld club did anOUTSTANDING job with the experience and help they had.
My hats off to you guys.

Adding to some of Craig's comments, a list of do's and don't when presenting your car for professional judging is a must for future Nats. Things like open your bonnett and boot or get ZERO points.....etc.

Who were those judges anyway?

Personally, I don't care for trophies, that's not why I attend the Nats, but I do understand that some people need/want this recognition. I am happy to meet up with some cool people and check out some very cool cars.

I recall saying to someone in Kevin's garage when he showed some of us his car for the first time, that "this is why I just drove 3 days to get here".

I'm sure lessons were learned from these Nats as all the others before them, and the Nats will continue to evolve to be even better.

Regards
Alex.
« Last Edit: April 26, 2003, 09:16:19 AM by custom_fc » Logged

RET
Administrator
Guru

Model: FE

richard.e.thomas ret56fe
View Profile WWW
« Reply #46 on: April 27, 2003, 04:26:40 AM »

Just to chime in with my 2c worth on this topic...

I think the Nationals were an outstanding success, and I would like to congratulate Ron, Harry, Greg and the team for putting on such a great weekend.  All the venues were great, and the organisation excellent.

I think the professional judges let the side down in a number of ways.  I never met the other two judges, but the so-called head judge left me underwhelmed to say the least.  To not be able to appreciate the importance of the event to the entrants enough to even double-check the arithmetic and the results is simply breath-taking in its idiocy.  It's a shame that for many people the memory of the event has been tarnished by so-called professional judges who were clowns, and forced a redistribution of trophies after the presentation.  Still, it's the first time for professional judging so we've all learnt a few things from it.

I made this comment at the delegates' meeting, and will repeat it here:  I think that everything that the Queensland club organised went like clockwork, and they deserve to be congratulated on a terrific event.  The fact that it was their first time doing it would not have been apparent to any observer.  It was clear that a lot of effort went into it, and I think everyone got a lot out of it.

cheers
RET

OurCarClub.com.au is a web-based data management application, custom built for car clubs and their volunteer officials. More info...
mcl1959
Guru

FE's rule

View Profile
« Reply #47 on: April 27, 2003, 05:25:10 AM »

I would like to add my congratulations as well to the QLD guys, just about everything was perfect which was a top effort for the few guys who put the whole thing together.
The cruises were good - getting the cars out onto country roads without traffic lights and other traffic was achieved well.
The sports were entertaining with the hub cap bocce was a hit being new and kept the crowd entertained for a good couple of hours.
The meals were simple and well executed, (as well as delicious), the music wasn't too loud.
The show venue was about 6 cars too small but very nice anyway in regard to being close to ammenities.
I agree entirely with RET about the judges as the reputation of the head judge should have warranted the trust he was given - obviously this was not forthcoming and I am sure that ACT will employ some judges with relevant experience and due diligence for the job at hand.
I for one attend not only to see the cars and meet new people but to see who wins the trophies is a big part of it for me, and I have to say that the botch up with the vote counting spoiled Sunday for me.
I really feel for the QLD guy who was awarded a first place trophy only to have it taken away from him.  I know if it was me I would have been devastated, so please don't give him such a hard time.

Ken

fcpv
vic-club

FCPV

View Profile
« Reply #48 on: May 03, 2003, 11:26:35 AM »

As Alex said, the Queensland Club have done an OUTSTANDING job being there first Nationals and I to along with many others, take my hat off to you guys because not many people from other states know the story of the Qld Club from only a couple of years ago when I lived in Qld.
Here was a club with no magazines because they had no events because they had no cars on the road and a total membership of 4
In a few short years we were able to get the ball rolling along after a simple Sunday afternoon BBQ in a park at Acacia Ridge and as they say, the rest is now history.
So yes, for me personally you can understand what a buzz it was to hear that the Qld Club wanted to host the Nationals after I had returned to Melbourne and to think that you guys were prepared to take on such a challenge absolutely blew me out of the water as they say.
It has been good to hear many positive comments about the Nationals as they really deserved it and I know the number 1 aim of the Qld Club was for everyone to enjoy themselves
Russell Bates   fcpv  vic
P.S.
     things are great in the sunshine state
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Share this topic...
In a forum (BBCode) 
In a site/blog (HTML)

Jump to: