FE-FC Holden Discussion Forum
May 05, 2024, 02:32:41 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Are you a member of one of the FE-FC Holden Car Clubs of Australia ? If you are, get access to the Club-Member-only area of this discussion board. Send an IM to the board admin, including your real name and club to get access.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: Mid to Late 1958 colours  (Read 4550 times)
fe350chev
Guru

Model: FE and FC

View Profile
« on: January 17, 2015, 10:32:02 PM »

Hi everyone.

I need someone to look up in their info what were Holden colours that were black and white from mid 58 to end of 58. Also can anyone tell me what date the rear seat had the pattern. It was the update in 58. What other changes from early 58 were there so I can look out for anything missing.

So pls tell me the colours that the taxi bloke would have used if he chose a Holden black when he bought the car to paint it as the taxi. The lady next door said Stephen, the original owner was told off by his taxi cooperative for painting his own car. But he had a few driveways to do work on the car. He was a stubborn guy who didn't like facing his new house east west so he built his house against council regs too. She said he was a bushy from broken hill and had a hard persona but was a softy underneath. Interesting stories about the car.

If anyone has new 2 pack paint codes that would be good too.

See this is street view of the house he built. 2 drives and a large workshop.

Deano

Current Rides: 1958 "Black and White Taxi" FC special Sedan, 1957 FE special Sedan, BA Futura,  2015 VF Commodore, 1956 Austin Tipper Truck
fcwrangler
nsw-club
Guru

Model: FC

JIM-- Gilead NSW

Jim Tuckwell
View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2015, 10:52:12 PM »

Deano, not sure about the paint, but the embossed seats came in the late 59's. The third of the paint schemes with the chrome rear quarter extenders from the chrome mould to the back door so they had the body colour over the car with the insert over the doors and down to the body moulds.
Jim

on the seventh day: God Made Holden
fe350chev
Guru

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2015, 11:33:31 PM »

Can u post a pic or link pls. So if I want this type, if he painted it in early 59, then it didn't exist in this style in photo hey. But I like it better. Would be easy to change back I think if I sold it original to a collector. So what this date. The seat would have been replaced later so I'm assuming new seats later may all have been later type.

Deano

Current Rides: 1958 "Black and White Taxi" FC special Sedan, 1957 FE special Sedan, BA Futura,  2015 VF Commodore, 1956 Austin Tipper Truck
fe350chev
Guru

View Profile
Re:
« Reply #3 on: January 17, 2015, 11:35:40 PM »

Mine has the prominent fin on the back too. When did those come in? It looks like this. I think running the taxi so long he might have upgraded trims etc cos likely to have had scrapes etc.

Deano

Ol_Girl_58
tas-club

getting there...

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 18, 2015, 12:06:20 AM »

Deano,

I'm pretty sure that the FC you've posted has a series 1 paint scheme. As Jim mentioned, series 3 had just the windows and the rear quarter painted in a contrasting colour.
fe350chev
Guru

View Profile
Re:
« Reply #5 on: January 18, 2015, 02:37:48 AM »

I'm sorry but I forgot about the colour application thing that defined s1 from s3. That's good then cos do you get what I mean. If I do a write up about him painting the car in late 58, then I can't do so for a scheme that wouldn't have existed. Thanks anyway for clarifying in person. So did the diagonal trim change contour? I'm sorting through my trims so I might take some pics if I'm unsure. Another question is, if anyone in the 60's ordered replacement trims, or interior, did the parts just come as in the last series or were earlier ones available? Sorry to be so picky but I need gurus for these finer points.

Deano

fcwrangler
nsw-club
Guru

JIM-- Gilead NSW

Jim Tuckwell
View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 18, 2015, 09:23:19 AM »

The photo is of a ser.1 paint scheme, if you look at my build pg.1 mine is the ser.2 with the mould on the rear pillar between the door and the rear screen. If you look in the technical section at the start of the forum under paint info, it shows the three paint schemes and you can change the colours to show how they look. I would say that being a taxi and the fact that it was painted by the owner, then it could be any combo. The seats could also have been replaced with the later embossed ones.
Jim

on the seventh day: God Made Holden
fe350chev
Guru

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 18, 2015, 11:55:00 AM »

It was originally like this. I'm lucky to have his old neighbour who told be about the car in detail.
It was fc with the black diamonds around the window base and the rear qtr was black but she wasn't sure of boot colour. The boot I had here looked white underneath and the Adelaide fe and fc taxis had the stripe on the roof. But I might deviate a bit with white rear series 1 paint on quarters cos being black it's easy to black a section over the white. Given it was a taxi for over 10 years I'm sure this seat is fairly new so I think your right.

See the roof.

Deano

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Share this topic...
In a forum (BBCode) 
In a site/blog (HTML)

Jump to: