FE-FC Holden Discussion Forum
May 14, 2024, 10:20:01 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Are you a member of one of the FE-FC Holden Car Clubs of Australia ? If you are, get access to the Club-Member-only area of this discussion board. Send an IM to the board admin, including your real name and club to get access.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: The Wedds are on their way to the Nats  (Read 24380 times)
philwreck
sa-club

Model: FC

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 21, 2012, 10:35:05 AM »

sorry to hear about 53, wakefield is only an hour away.we got a reliable motor and facilities. we,re here to help.phil &elaine.
RET
Administrator
Guru

Model: FE

richard.e.thomas ret56fe
View Profile WWW
« Reply #21 on: April 21, 2012, 12:55:26 PM »

53 may be out of the race, but she retires with dignity. That's a hell of an achievement.

See you in Tassie Grin

OurCarClub.com.au is a web-based data management application, custom built for car clubs and their volunteer officials. More info...
weddo
tas-club

HIS, HER's & OUR's

billnjudiwedd@gmail.com
View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 21, 2012, 08:40:20 PM »

Said our farewell to 53 today (after being like an extention of my body for 4000k's) as we left Port Wakefield heading in an Easterly direction, via Two Wells with a bit of craft shopping in a wicked old court house, Gawler - where we dropped in to have a chat with Phil and Elaine and a look in "Phil's Corner" of the wrecking yard Shocked Shocked Shocked oh what a sight, FC's upon FC's and enough projects for a life time. It was good to catch up for a chat with very nice fellow Nats people.

Then on and away via the windy country roads to Mannum but not before a stop at the BIG ROCKING HORSE for scones and jam and cream and then onto Murray Bridge for the night.
Did I hear some one say "did ya call into the Birdwood Museum" ..no we didn't this time but did a couple of years ago and it was excellent.

It's bit strange having someone else in a car after so many miles of ones own company (not that I don't like my own company) but the extra voice when you talk to yourself is  bit unnerving but Judi is getting used to me Roll Eyes.

Any way we are still having fun traipsing around the country and enjoying our now single car adventure.

Till next time

regards

The Weddo's
colt
act-club

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 22, 2012, 08:15:08 AM »

Sorry to hear about 53 Weddo. Enjoy the rest of your holiday.

Colin.

colt
FC_Driver
nsw-club

We Love our FC...

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 22, 2012, 08:21:27 PM »

Know the fealing having to leave the car behind......
Look forward to seeing her up and running in Hobart
Bruce
Gertie
nsw-club

Grey & White rooles

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: April 22, 2012, 08:39:43 PM »

Sorry to hear about the race car failure. I was very impressed with it and would love a ride some day, maybe next nats. We are leavinge Perth tomorrow and hope for an uneventful trip. We did it back in 1968 but gertie is a little older now and so am i. See you in Tassie 2014.
Regards Geoff and margaret
weddo
tas-club

HIS, HER's & OUR's

billnjudiwedd@gmail.com
View Profile
« Reply #26 on: April 24, 2012, 11:11:53 AM »

Left Murray Bridge and was intending to go via Castlemaine then on to Melbourne but it was bucketing downwith rain and my vaccum wipers decided not to work.. well they did work once then stopped...too wet to sort any thing out, so prepped the screen with Rainex and off we went. My BUM DOESN'T HURT.....HIS FC is very comfortable.
Had a call from RACT about midday to say the have a engaged contractor  to pick up the car at Port Wakefied and deliver to our home address but could be about ten days. Good news!!

A very wet but uneventfull drive today, just a bit of a challenge when the B-Doubles pass you and you have about 3 minutes driving blind, but we are still pottering along.

We arrived in Port Melbourne mid afternoon and are now with our grand kids for a couple of days of R & R before heading off to the boat back home.

Till next time

Regards

The Weddo's
philwreck
sa-club

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: April 24, 2012, 06:15:03 PM »

hi, bill &judy.my network of spies.(as oppossed to rets),tell me they saw a red fc with a stripe on a truck heading toward adelaide this morning.So 53 has begun its own journey home.phil.
weddo
tas-club

HIS, HER's & OUR's

billnjudiwedd@gmail.com
View Profile
« Reply #28 on: April 25, 2012, 10:15:35 AM »

Wow,  we are due to catch the boat tonight, it might even make it home with us. Shocked

regards

The Weddo's
weddo
tas-club

HIS, HER's & OUR's

billnjudiwedd@gmail.com
View Profile
« Reply #29 on: April 27, 2012, 06:57:47 PM »
+1

Well home at last.

A couple of nice days in Melbourne and a lovely cruise to Devonport and then straight down the middle ...the Heritage Highway....remember that for the Tassie nats!!

Cleaned 53's area in the shed and waiting, waiting, waiting. It will happen soon enough.

The 4000ks done in 53 is about 20 years of track work so I don't wonder it said "I've had enough" and decided to retire.
On the other hand HIS FC rocked, used about 200mls of oil in about 5500ks and about the same in water, and just went and went and went, we could not be more pleased with it, and NO SORE BUM

I can say that Judi and I have had a ball for the last five weeks. We have renewed great friendships, made new friends, seen unbelievable places we had never seen before and had the best time ever at the Nationals and as someone said "the intimate Nationals" it certainly was.

Congratulations to the West Australian Club and all their volunteers for a fabulous time and a well organised event and congratulations to those of the FE and FC fraternity that took the time to attend the event without a vehicle.. that is commitment.

The blogs from all the travellers from different states, of their adventures to and from Perth has been a highlight this year, and when I get time as others will, I think the photos will be a joy to look at.

We have enjoyed tremendously our association with the Nationals since our first at Phillip Island and we are so looking forward to organising the Tassie Nats and giving every body a little taste of our fantastic island.

See you all in Tassie in two years

Regards

Bill & Judi

The Weddo's.....home at last
weddo
tas-club

HIS, HER's & OUR's

billnjudiwedd@gmail.com
View Profile
« Reply #30 on: May 07, 2012, 09:36:43 PM »

Well .... we can now say we have finished and finally arived home!!!

53 arrived home today, rather impressive position on the front upper level of a transporter.

Took a little bit longer than anticipated, but worth the wait... we are happy!

Time to have a look at her, remove her most important bits, massage them back into a work of art again and HIT THE TRACK !!!

Well... maybe not that quick.. but you get the gist of things.

Will sleep a little more soundly tonight..

All finished from the Weddo's

Bill & Judi
customFC
nsw-club
Guru

Ask me about microwaving cats for fun or profit.

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: May 07, 2012, 10:46:27 PM »

Looks like a race transporter with the Widowmaker down below.
On a different point, is that the view from your place?
Bloody impressive!!
Can't wait to get down there for a look.
Congrats on the completion of your journey, and thanks for the ride along.
Regards
Alex

weddo
tas-club

HIS, HER's & OUR's

billnjudiwedd@gmail.com
View Profile
« Reply #32 on: May 08, 2012, 10:54:58 AM »

G,day Alex,

Yes it is the view from our place, overlooking Fredrick Henry Bay, onto Hobart and Mount Wellington, good day or bad day it is still a great view.

Regards

Weddo
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Share this topic...
In a forum (BBCode) 
In a site/blog (HTML)

Jump to: