FE-FC Holden Discussion Forum
May 12, 2024, 08:20:18 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: The FE-FC Holden Car Club of NSW are proud to host the 19th FE-FC Holden Nationals. Check out the announcement video for more.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: Rare Spares  (Read 9392 times)
brett_f

Model: FC

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile
« on: October 14, 2011, 05:00:16 PM »

Ken you should not read this mate as you will not like what you read and im sorry for that in advance.

Been waiting over 12 months for a front windscreen rubber (since sourced from ken )
Been waiting over 12 months for front screen mould screws.
Been waiting over 12 months for bumper bar bolts.
Rear door quater glass seals dont fit correctly. In the process of making new ones however are still supplying them in kits and individually knowing they are incorrect and are difficult to fit.
Bought a seat trim kit. No mounting screws or spacers. One side trim matt black in color. lower trim cracked.
Just been told after opening another kit that all are the same and will not be repairing/repainting. (will refund money)
Again asked about bumper bolts and screen screws. Still not available through their supplier. Told them a bloke on ebay has them. They tell me they are having problems with the supplier? Change Supplier. How hard is that.
My bitch for the day but if Rares is serious about keeping customers they need to take notice.

Brett
fink fc

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 14, 2011, 06:50:20 PM »

HEY BRETT, IKNOW EXACTLY WHAT YOUR SAY'N ,I THINK THEIR ATTITUDE IS LIKE ''FKM,LET EM FIND IT SOME WHERE ELSE'' TRUE !
I'M HAV'N THE SAME PROBLEM WITH A REPUTABLE CHROME-PLATING COMPANY .I GOT A FRONT BAR,OVERIDERS & GRILL DONE,BEEN ON THE CAR LESS THAN2YRS ,ALL PEELING & PITTING.
I PAID TOP DOLLAR,NO WORRIES WE WILL FIX IT THEY SAID,WELL IT'S BEEN 3 MONTHS,HAVNOT HEARD A WORD & THEY STILL GOTTA PICKUP THE GRILL.
FRIENDS SAY,GEEZ GAZ ,YOU BEEN PLY'N WITH THAT CAR FOR A FEW YRS NOW.LITTLE DO THEY KNOW HOW WE GET MESSED AROUND BY THESE ''BIG'' NAMED COMPANY'S.
I DON'T THINK WERE ON OUR OWN,MAYBE IF WE NAMED & SHAMED THESE ''       '' THEY WOULD TAKE US SERIOUS & REALIZE ,WELL THESE BLOKES WORK HARD FOR THEIR MONEY,LETS GIV'M WHAT THEY WANT!
KEEP YOUR CHIN UP BRETT,  GAZ.
Glenn 'Stinky' Stankevicius
Guru

Model: FE and FC

Willaston, South Australia

Glenn.Stankevicius
View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 16, 2011, 10:12:40 AM »
+1

but if Rares is serious about keeping customers they need to take notice.

Brett

So you've let Rares Head Office know about all your problems? Les drops in occasionally, he's a member on here - http://fefcholden.org.au/forum/index.php?action=profile;u=87
Maybe PM him and give him chance to rectify/defend? I am sure others would be interested as would I, we are all building/maintaining cars and need to know.

brett_f

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 16, 2011, 11:58:48 AM »
+1

Thanks stinky. I will PM him and see what he says.
Brett
les

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: October 20, 2011, 08:43:26 AM »
+1

Ken you should not read this mate as you will not like what you read and im sorry for that in advance.

Been waiting over 12 months for a front windscreen rubber (since sourced from ken )
Been waiting over 12 months for front screen mould screws.
Been waiting over 12 months for bumper bar bolts.
Rear door quater glass seals dont fit correctly. In the process of making new ones however are still supplying them in kits and individually knowing they are incorrect and are difficult to fit.
Bought a seat trim kit. No mounting screws or spacers. One side trim matt black in color. lower trim cracked.
Just been told after opening another kit that all are the same and will not be repairing/repainting. (will refund money)
Again asked about bumper bolts and screen screws. Still not available through their supplier. Told them a bloke on ebay has them. They tell me they are having problems with the supplier? Change Supplier. How hard is that.
My bitch for the day but if Rares is serious about keeping customers they need to take notice.

Brett

Hi Brett, Lance Corby 0419330941 here Les has asked me to get back to you with an answer to your issues.
We have stock of the Both Standard and Special Screen seals, part numbers WSF107 & WSF107A Screw for frontscreen moulding is in stock Part number CP1264 Bumper Bar bolts, we have had on going problems with Quality and I cannot give you a delivery date on.
Rear 1/4 seals, we have had these re made as original and they are in stock, Part numbers RRQS103 & RRQS104 As for the seat trims, I am looking into this issue.
Can you please either give me your phone number or call me to further discuss the issues.

Regards
Lance Corby
brett_f

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 20, 2011, 03:32:15 PM »
+1

Currently working through these issues with Lance at the moment. What has come out of this so far is that all is not right at rares Roxburgh park. Seems they have one story and i have another. Maybe its my fault and thats why i still dont have screws, bolts, windscreen rubber or correct seat trims. On a brighter note Lance has got back to me on a number of occassions and and is committed to finding a solution. I cant ask for more at this time.
Brett
zl296

Model: other Holden

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 20, 2011, 10:07:41 PM »

you know repco,s motto.
rip every poor c--t off.
rear spares must have one too..
they all make a lot off money out off us all.. Wink

die young and leave a good looking corpse...
FCV08

FE FC Club of QLD

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 20, 2011, 10:23:18 PM »

Brett

It is amazing how a conversation to the right person can alleviate a lot of those bad thoughts.
You then begin to get control over the situation as well.

Keep us posted on how you go.
Regards
Craig
Glenn 'Stinky' Stankevicius
Guru

Model: FE and FC

Willaston, South Australia

Glenn.Stankevicius
View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 20, 2011, 11:28:56 PM »

Good to hear Brett, I didn't think Rares built up such a large business to rip-off/abuse/neglect their customer base, but sometimes the "head" doesn't know what the "hands" are doing.

mcl1959
vic-club
Guru

FE's rule

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 22, 2011, 12:30:32 PM »
+2

The FE FC car club of Victoria has for many years sold engine decals to Rare Spares for Holden models FX to HZ (and Ford as well Lips sealed). Over the years we have also had many items made by them to suit the FE FC Holden. These include Standard screen seals, boot emblems and seat surrounds to name a few, and currently we are making exterior door handles and FE bonnet emblems.
Both as a supplier and a customer we have an excellent relationship with the very good people there, and appreciate every thing they do for us. They could easily buy decals from another supplier than us but they consider it a form of sponsorship for our club which we really appreciate.
They have always given us great support for our Nationals events in the form of money and product which should not be taken for granted.
The products we have made for the club are sold to our members and also the members of the FE FC club of NSW who provide a share of the money to fund the investments. If you are a member of these 2 clubs you buy these products at a discount (a benefit of being a club member).
We work with Rares to improve products constantly - but it is a large company, it does take time for things to happen and things don't always go right.
I have been known to supply the wrong decal on occasions which may have caused a customer to complain because he was promised something which was not able to be fulfilled (my bad Cry)
So in conclusion Rare Spares do make money off their customers (it is a business Shocked) but they do not aim to "rip people off" or act improperly in any way.

The FE FC club of Victoria supports Rare Spares and encourages you to support them.

Ken McLean - memeber of the FE FC Holden car club of Victoria and not affiliated with Rare Spares in any way other than as a supplier and happy customer.
FC_Driver
nsw-club

We Love our FC...

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 22, 2011, 05:49:39 PM »

I went to Rare Spares this morning at their Sydney store.
Went in upon them opening the doors at 9am.....Got greated with a smile they supplied all four items I needed, gave me a club discount and off I went quite happy.
Just my experiance today
Bruce
HAD 708

Model: FE

Holdens and the Mighty Woodsmen truly magnificent

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 22, 2011, 07:07:03 PM »

Hi
I have used the Bayswater store a dozen or more times in the last 6 months and could not be happier the service and the parts are of a high quality and the club discount as mentioned by Ken is a real bonus and quite sustantial.
Brett

Brett Gillard
brett_f

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 22, 2011, 10:24:15 PM »

Guys,
Got no problems with rares themselves. Appears my problems are with the Roxburgh Park store. If they have no stock of the parts i am chasing and they give me the run around, what do you expect.
Keep you posted.
Brett
brett_f

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 09, 2011, 05:41:01 AM »
+1

Just a follow up, Lance from rare spares was more than helpfull. Finally got all the pieces i  have been after. If you have any problems getting parts from the rares store, definantly speak to head office. On a down note i would never again shop at the Roxburgh park store. They are liars and whilst they appear helpful, a simple phone call to head office may have rectified this problem.
Brett
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Share this topic...
In a forum (BBCode) 
In a site/blog (HTML)

Jump to: