FE-FC Holden Discussion Forum
May 15, 2024, 12:23:35 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: The FE-FC Holden Car Club of NSW are proud to host the 19th FE-FC Holden Nationals. Check out the announcement video for more.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: For sale-Modified FC sedan 1958  (Read 14310 times)
spybo

Retrotech's the way to go

View Profile
« on: September 25, 2011, 09:29:42 PM »

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
After much thought I am selling my modified ( full S.A. legal rego ) FC 1958 sedan with a stack of parts/memorabilia etc.... I have owned it  for 20 years. I bought it as a 1 owner car from the neice of the original owner and with it came the original sales document It has been extensively modified in that time. The car is solid but needs paint , chrome done and minor touch-up to complete. It is FULLY RTA approved here in S.A. Has original number plates that may be sold with car if it goes to a collector in S.A....otherwise I will keep them....146-500 Moddifications include -HR disc brake front end....with high B.P fluid, engine bay wall mounted booster, drilled rotors -custom chassis kit by John Barrett ( Adelaide mechanic who did wonders with the conversion and modifictions ) -Commodore/Nissan RB30 eengine...low km's ( done approx 30,000km from new. A rollover wreck with 20,000km's was the donor car)-UNLEADED FUEL -VL Commodore electronic auto gearbox with LED overdrive light -EK auto steering column -gear shift linkages custom made to run off original EK auto column shift -Large capacity radiator -twin thermostat controlled DAVIES-CRAIG electric cooling fans -KN air-filter intake -EK electric wipers -wilsonia gauge modified for higher oils pressure ( 0-100 ) by AUTO INTRUMENTS Adelaide -tachometer/ temp gauge in "original" 50's type holder which screws into dash under column -on/off overide switch for cooling fans -overide 1 or 2 fans active switch -VL speedo grafted into FC speedo surround -full VL wiring kit modified for FC and running 2 computers as per VL -Aftermarket "smiths" type MARINAU underdash heater....same as SMITHS but new -Preslite heater switch -LED interior light fitting -replaced interior ( seats and door inserts ) from STINKY"S car in very good condition -towbar fitted -14 inch wheels running FC hubcaps....made by ALLSTREET Tyres and Wheels W.A ( 5 wheels included) -new tyres -new large exhaust with bolted flanges for easier maintenance I also have many many NOS spares, original NASCO accessories( eg door scratch plates,plastic speedo surround,petrol filler surround,grill badge,"jewel emblem",taxi bar,SMITHS CLOCK in box fully working and adjusted by AUTO INTRUMENTS Adelaide etc etc ), New Rare Spares parts, New front laminated screen, New door glass from Andrew a STREETNEAT...he had 2 sets done by the glass manufacturing place in Brisbane and sold me the second set,NOS gaurds, door skins,chrome,stainless, a huge collection of memorabilia, magazines,models,badges, books , manuals, posters, NOS hoodlining to suit, new seat/door panel material to suit, new rubber kit, spare wilsonia gauge,spare bumpers,bonnet,doors,stainless,scuff plates,spare front Y frame/subframe rust free,EK front bech seat with metal surrounds ,etc etc....boxes and boxes of stuff! Car is in Adelaide Collection also in Adelaide Would like to sell as a whole so I can "move onto" other interests. If you are interested p.m. me only and I can send you some shots and discuss price. Cheers Spyro
spybo

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 06, 2011, 09:58:32 AM »

I am happy to sell the car on it's own.
P.M. me if you would like some pictures
Spyro
trenty

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 17, 2011, 05:01:01 PM »

Hey mate a sent you a pm let me know if you got it cheers.
spybo

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 23, 2011, 05:31:07 PM »

Hi trenty,
Yep all ok...replied
spybo

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 21, 2011, 08:59:36 PM »

bump....
Damo58

old holdens never die they just go faster  :)

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 22, 2011, 07:38:32 PM »

Hi Spyro just wondering if J Barrett raced fc because if you have a look at david larkins post on early holden racing there is a fc there with J Barrett racing and i have most if the panels for that car

Cheers Damo58

Iam good just ask me Smiley
neilo22456

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 04, 2011, 07:46:33 PM »

does fully rta approved in sa mean you have engineer certificates for engine, transmission, front end modifications. would be tansferring rego to nsw and these are required. Huh
cheers neil.

spybo

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 04, 2011, 10:14:17 PM »

Hi there,
Well what it has  is a new compliance plate on the door pillar that was put there by the RTA in Adelaide when it passed "over the pits" as we would say here.
Not sure what that would mean for NSW but you can ask your RTA.

The label does say it complies with the S.A Vehicle modifications laws and it also has a new VIN Identification number which was read off the RB30 motor.
FYI the plate was placed on 4/3/96
I can send you a picture of the plate if requested.
oldie

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 05, 2011, 10:01:55 AM »

Hi,
   can you send me some photo's and price range to jennyandron2@bigpond,com,

Regards,
                                                         Ron
ratbox

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 05, 2011, 10:28:23 AM »

does fully rta approved in sa mean you have engineer certificates for engine, transmission, front end modifications. would be tansferring rego to nsw and these are required. Huh
cheers neil.

i think you will find it will need a NSW engineers certificate for NSW rego usually if legal in another state it's not transferable (which is quite stupid as pretty much the same mods are required)
fe350chev
Guru

Model: FE and FC

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 05, 2011, 05:05:12 PM »

In Victoria you just use the engineers cert and they just do it without looking at the cars mechanicals, except to make sure the numbers match.

Deano

Current Rides: 1958 "Black and White Taxi" FC special Sedan, 1957 FE special Sedan, BA Futura,  2015 VF Commodore, 1956 Austin Tipper Truck
neilo22456

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 05, 2011, 09:09:23 PM »

thanks spybo
still interested in seeing some pictures inside and out and a price would help to see if im in the ballpark for a purchase
send to kor61218@bigpond.net.au
cheers neil Cheesy
fe350chev
Guru

Model: FE and FC

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 05, 2011, 09:13:33 PM »

pics to fe350chev@gmail.com pls as I will be in adelaide soon and may want to have a look.

Deano

Current Rides: 1958 "Black and White Taxi" FC special Sedan, 1957 FE special Sedan, BA Futura,  2015 VF Commodore, 1956 Austin Tipper Truck
spybo

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 03, 2012, 11:31:00 PM »

bump....looking for garage space
spybo

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 10, 2012, 11:32:48 PM »

bump....selling car only now.
If you want more info then get in touch.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Share this topic...
In a forum (BBCode) 
In a site/blog (HTML)

Jump to: