FE-FC Holden Discussion Forum
May 04, 2024, 04:53:34 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Are you a member of one of the FE-FC Holden Car Clubs of Australia ? If you are, get access to the Club-Member-only area of this discussion board. Send an IM to the board admin, including your real name and club to get access.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: The Project  (Read 22832 times)
mikey

Werribee

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 06, 2008, 03:27:39 PM »

Had another play this weekend. Welding is getting better, especially when I bought an automatic welding mask?? Gave myself a good dose of welding flash in the left eye last weekend, don't recommend it to anyone. Oh well, my old man always said I'd learn the hard way!!

Ha ha ha, suffer in your jocks  Cheesy  I still flash myself from time to time  Angry  It sure does not get any easier on the eyeball though. Those auto masks sure are fantastic but like anything you can get crappy ones and really good ones.

Welding flash in your eyeballs or not your weld job looks good, thanks for heaps of pictures Smiley

Cheers  M

Our Lady of Blessed Acceleration, don't fail us now!
Sideplate
« Reply #21 on: April 06, 2008, 07:57:43 PM »

Was,
             You still got those guards?  Just curious as i might be over that way soon to see family
Wasim

Model: FC

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 06, 2008, 08:28:18 PM »

The guards are hanging up on the shed wall, and you know what, they're growing on me Huh Whislt I haven't completely decided which way I'll go, I'll keep them at this stage.

South Australia
Wasim

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 13, 2008, 07:05:29 PM »

Finished off the top side of the floor this weekend, just need to apply sound deadening sheets and give it another coat of bitumen paint.

ANZAC long weekend it's the underneath that will get the wire brush treatment, all gaps and joins will be sealed with bitumen putty and then I'll paint the whole lot with bitumen paint (2 coats).

South Australia
Wasim

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 26, 2008, 07:28:05 PM »

I noticed that my late production Adelaide built car has different interior light switches to most cars I've seen? Is this unusual or am I still learning about these cars?

South Australia
Wasim

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: May 26, 2008, 07:45:14 PM »

Here are some pictures of progress thus far.

HR radiator fitted on FJ rubber mounts with modified front cowl support

Radiator support panel cut to fit around radiator, still needs to be finished off and braced.

Firewall and engine bay finished in primer. No wipers? Jag electric cable driver 2 speed wipers will be mounted in behind the glove box.

Floor shift repaired and dash ready for paint.

South Australia
EffCee
Guru

F4+

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: May 26, 2008, 08:07:38 PM »

Hi Wasim,

I have a late Sydney car, it too has the round door light switches in it, not the oval ones. I queried this on the forum not long after i got my FC and was told that these switches were put in during the last month or two of production,

HTH

Keith

Canberra, ACT

F4+ Wink
mikey

Werribee

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: May 27, 2008, 12:29:36 AM »

Firewall and engine bay finished in primer. No wipers? Jag electric cable driver 2 speed wipers will be mounted in behind the glove box.

Tell us lots more about this mod, I like the look of the clean area where the wiper motor would normally be.

Cheers M

mcl1959
vic-club
Guru

FE's rule

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: May 27, 2008, 07:06:43 PM »

The cable drive wiper is used on lots of English cars, The best place to find them cheap is on Austin 1800's. They were on Healeys and Minis, Jag's of course and others which escape me at the moment.
Because it is a flexible cable, the motor can be mounted almost anywhere and it is an easy mod to change the length between the wiper arm pivots. Also it is very easy to obtain the opposing wiper motion that you need on FC as well by running one cable under and the other over the pivot point. A lot of hot rods run this type of wiper because the roof mounted wipers leave no room for a motor in the roof cavity.

Ken
mikey

Werribee

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: May 27, 2008, 07:58:12 PM »

Thanks Ken appreciate that, when I saw that there would be no motor there I said to myself "bloody brilliant" Definitely  have to go to a wrecker and have a peek a boo at a setup.

Have many others here bothered to go down this route and if so were any major hassles encountered?

Cheers all   M

Wasim

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: August 09, 2008, 07:42:15 PM »

Here are some pics of what I've been up to. It's been cold, so work in the shed has slowed to a crawl. Was able to do some work at the kitchen table but there was a loud squeal, something about dust etc, I'll be glad when I can get back in the shed - that noise isn't there?

Had a go at restoring the instruments cowl - turned out OK just needs some finishing off. Currently doing the gauge faces in pearl white.

EH front end has been completely cleaned and painted. Has changeover knuckles, Pedders gas rider shockers and springs which are an inch and half lower than standard. Should be back in the car once the weather clears up and I can spray some paint. Picked up a fully recoed EH steering box and column and 5 13 x 7 steel rims with tyres. Currently looking for a pair of standard front guards and a good complete front FC grill, so if you can help it would be appreciated.

South Australia
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Share this topic...
In a forum (BBCode) 
In a site/blog (HTML)

Jump to: