FE-FC Holden Discussion Forum
May 20, 2024, 03:15:11 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Are you a member of one of the FE-FC Holden Car Clubs of Australia ? If you are, get access to the Club-Member-only area of this discussion board. Send an IM to the board admin, including your real name and club to get access.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: 4hammers in Melbourne for the day  (Read 13584 times)
4hammers
tas-club
Guru

Model: FE

View Profile
« on: April 30, 2006, 06:41:35 AM »

Hi all.
I am in Melbourne on the 3rd May (Next Wednesday) to pick up my new toy, so if anyone wants to catch up for a coffee & a chat (Or to come & beat me up, hey Sarge Wink) let me know. I will be sitting on the wharf where the TT Line ferry loads up, as I am to shite scarted to drive my new beast in unfamiliar territory (I also don't know the car that well).
I am just gonna hang out from about 3pm to the ship loads at 7pm. A LONG boring wait, so it would be nice to catch up with someone. Bring a car along & we can check each others out.

Hope to see someone there!

Rob J

WTB..FE FC Commercial...Stock plz
srevoice

Model: FE and FC

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2006, 07:56:24 AM »

Can someone meet him please and keep him there, the IQ of tassie will go up in leaps and bounds if 4headswells stays away.

With all my love, Andy
4hammers
tas-club
Guru

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 30, 2006, 08:07:33 AM »

Andy, Andy, Andy Roll Eyes

Man, how many times do I need to tell you. It works like this;
"If I need any crap from you, I squeeze your big head". Remember?

OK. You know how embarressed I can make you? Well, if I remember rightly, you will be working with "Katie" on Monday night. "Katie of the amples", Correct? You may want to apologise now, or I am gonna have a BALL at your expense come Monday! Grin Grin Grin

Rob J Wink Wink

srevoice

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 30, 2006, 10:55:18 AM »

Give it your best shot numb nuts, I have already worked something out with her. You also have to be careful, I was told that you scared Tess so much with your paunch that she is doing a runner to Sydney Wink Wink Wink.

I suppose I should apologise seeing you havent paid me yet.

With love, Andy Kiss Kiss
fcstationsedan

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: April 30, 2006, 11:50:17 AM »

Rob, what have you bought this time?

Dave
Former 1959 FC Station Sedan owner.
Burnsy

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: April 30, 2006, 12:25:51 PM »

Hi all.
II am just gonna hang out from about 3pm to the ship loads at 7pm. A LONG boring wait, so it would be nice to catch up with someone. Bring a car along & we can check each others out.

Hope to see someone there!

Rob J

Man thaf is a long boring wait, I remember doing it when I bought my EK and took it back to Queenstown.  The guys behind me in the que must have thought I was nuts as I would sit there in my car for five minutes thinking about it before I would jump out and sick my head under it somewhere to check if it had this or that.  Is a good way to get to know a new car though - forced sitting around for 4 hours - no decent coffee shop within cooee either when I did it back in 1999.  On the good side though, the wireless was rewired and working by the time I boarded the boat Wink

Cheers,
Mike

Mike
4hammers
tas-club
Guru

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 30, 2006, 12:27:06 PM »

Hi Dave.
Long time, no talk. How's things? All well I hope. How is that 57 wagon going? Mmmmm, I like that wagon......

I have developed a hankering for something really different. I still have my FC wagon, but am playing around with Split window Kombis & a bay window dual cab. All quite rare.
Look at my avatar. That is the one I am picking up from Melbourne on wednesday. It is a 55.
Here is a link to another site. But beware, there isn't a Holden in sight Shocked Shocked
http://kombiclub.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=1495

Man, I am excited.

Hi Mike, you replied while I was relying to Dave! Yes, it is a long wait. I always get there early, as I am paranoid something will go wrong & I will miss the boat. Could have got a later flight, but would rather sit around for awhile, than miss the boat completely. It does give me time to "Become as one" with my new toy.

Rob J
« Last Edit: April 30, 2006, 12:37:16 PM by 4hammers » Logged

-KIWI-

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 30, 2006, 08:02:17 PM »

it is almost worth the airfare for me sarge and emu to fly down but alas it wont be dam it ..
have fun but !!!!

try emailing phantom he should be free hes a govt employee

cheers

queensland kiwi
4hammers
tas-club
Guru

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 01, 2006, 12:10:33 AM »

Ha ha, Kiwi.
Probably the only chance you will get to behold the mighty 4hammers. Quarantine resctrictions prohibit, short, smelly, dumpy birds from entering Tassie. They reckon they are pests! Read through some of his posts guys & you will see where they got that classification.

Actually, I will be in QLD before too long. Wink

Crikey, guys. The response has been overwhelming. 140 + views & not one VIC guy who wants to catch up with a fellow FE FC lover. I am heartbroken. Now I remember why I like NSW better Wink

Rob J
« Last Edit: May 01, 2006, 03:36:43 AM by 4hammers » Logged

SRVLIVES

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 01, 2006, 04:39:26 AM »

140 + views

Oh, I thought there might be mention of what courthouse you would be appearing in.....Wink

-KIWI-

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 01, 2006, 04:50:43 AM »

he not going to court he going to hospital !!

regards kiwi
surferboy
wa-club
Guru

10,000 POINTS !

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 01, 2006, 11:07:16 AM »

Gday Rob,

Its not that the Vics dont want to come and say hello to you , its just that theyre scareder than you are to drive through that Melbourne traffic !!

Where else in the world do you pull over to the left to do a right turn then wait for your green light to go red then hold up the traffic on the green light while youre checking no trams are coming through the intersection?HuhHuhHuhHuhHuhHuhHuh?

Cool Cool Cool
PS I apologise to those people I nearly killed when i drove up the left of the tram that stopped on the green light

cruisin's great with a 58
4hammers
tas-club
Guru

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 01, 2006, 11:11:55 AM »

Hi Surferboy.
Spot on. That is why I am not going anywhere near them. Referred to as a "J" turn. The "J" stands for "Jeeeeeeezuz, this is a stupid idea". Or something along those lines.
I now exactly where you are coming from with the tram stopping & me darting by on the left in my old Monaro. Wondered why those Melbournians were always so aangry. Didn't realise I was actually suppose to stop. But then again, my old Monaro & me would stop for NO MAN!

Kiwi.
Man, you have waaaaaay to much time on your hands. Where do you find this stuff. You have a funny picture for EVERY occassion.
I do like that though. Damn Honkies!

SRV.
It is usually at the Supreme court, but when I appear there, I am not usually allowed to wander the streets. That is why I don't mention it. This time however, no court & I am free!!

Rob J

« Last Edit: May 01, 2006, 10:35:52 PM by 4hammers » Logged

4hammers
tas-club
Guru

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 03, 2006, 07:27:09 AM »

Hi.
OK, I am on my way in the morning. The response has been staggering, nearly 3 people! I am all warm & fuzzy.

I have lost all my messages from the 26th April on, so those top guys that did PM me, I have lost your details.

Ok, see you there, guys.

Rob J

Phantom

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 03, 2006, 09:24:45 AM »

Dammit i am washing my hair on that day(well whats left of it anyway)
                               Cheers Rusty
« Last Edit: May 03, 2006, 09:25:50 AM by phantom » Logged

Bogans rule
4hammers
tas-club
Guru

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: May 03, 2006, 09:34:29 AM »

Hi Rusty, Phantom, Bogan or whatever.
Washing your hair?.....Is it that time of year again already Wink
You were my number one hopeful. I was counting on you coming along & we could make friends & bond in my Kombi. But alas, it is not to be. maybe next time, my strange purple friend Kiss

Rob J

-KIWI-

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 04, 2006, 01:48:02 AM »

4 hammers new song

im sooo wonley so wolney and blue

or  
1 is the lonelest number

or

all by my self

cheers kiwi

Grin Grin
« Last Edit: May 04, 2006, 01:49:55 AM by kiwiek61 » Logged
4hammers
tas-club
Guru

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 05, 2006, 07:56:00 PM »

haha, Kiwi.
Very good. Original. Roll Eyes
Not lonely, mate. I hope to return the favour to any Melb whacka that decides to visit TAS. I just expected maybe a couple of "G'days, but sorry, can't make it". Melbourne is a busy place.....dirty & smelly too Grin Wink
I understand now, how hard it must be to get around, so in future, I probably won't be sending any old Holden bits over there, as it is too much for the poor postie to handle Wink Grin Not really fussed, too busy playing with my new VW! Lots of fun.
Here is a photo of my new toy, just to give those diehard Holden boys a coronary! Shocked

Rob J

SRVLIVES

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 05, 2006, 08:17:29 PM »

Good to see the giant warning badge still attached to the front! Tongue

RET
Administrator
Guru

richard.e.thomas ret56fe
View Profile WWW
« Reply #19 on: May 06, 2006, 12:09:59 AM »

Very nice looking unit.  North Sydney Bears Supporters' Bus Grin  Or Essendon, I suppose Tongue

Has it got those pop-open windscreens?  She looks pretty cosy in your garage.   That might be the only way to get in or out Shocked

cheers
RET

OurCarClub.com.au is a web-based data management application, custom built for car clubs and their volunteer officials. More info...
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Share this topic...
In a forum (BBCode) 
In a site/blog (HTML)

Jump to: