FE-FC Holden Discussion Forum
May 05, 2024, 01:42:55 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: The FE-FC Holden Car Club of NSW are proud to host the 19th FE-FC Holden Nationals. Check out the announcement video for more.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: Last Trax FE/FC  (Read 11859 times)
customFC
Guru

Model: FC

Ask me about microwaving cats for fun or profit.

View Profile
« on: October 11, 2014, 01:17:22 AM »

Trax have just announced that the new release FC wagons in 2 different colours will be the last FE/FC's they produced. Looking at the model, it is a shame that they will go out on such a low note.

This latest release has some issues.
Wrong front bumper.
Taillight area is too round.
Drip rail should not be chrome.
Vertical stainless flash is short, causing the rear of flash to be too high.
Door handles poorly placed.
Hubcaps the wrong colour.

Regards
Alex
Makes you appreciate the top model that John has put out even more.

red_devil
nsw-club

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 11, 2014, 07:36:43 AM »

Thanks Alex I have to say having you guys behind me is the real reason we make our cars to the standard we do.
Cheers
John
mcl1959
vic-club
Guru

FE's rule

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 11, 2014, 10:10:58 AM »
+1

Absolutely Alex, Trax's stubborn refusal to get final models checked is absurd. I regret my involvement with Trax over the years with this as their final model. I supplied some really good colour schemes for this pair of models and they chose to go back to the colours they used on two early sedans. Very disappointing. 
And to have now incorporated mistakes which were not in the sedans shows very poor understanding of the car.

Ken
red_devil
nsw-club

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 11, 2014, 12:45:56 PM »
+2

These guys sell model cars as a business to make money, they are not into cars and do not have a passion for them or love them.

You cant believe how difficult it is for our Chinese friends to really understand how to build these cars they have never seen.They get so frustrated with us when we want to continually keep changing and modifying as they just do not understand why this is important to anyone as again they just build a product for money and not a thing of beauty as we see them.
I could have walked away from building these cars a hundred times as it is such a battle, now the $ is falling so when we get a quote six months ago by the time we will pay for them it will be about a ten percent loss in the exchange but happy to say we will not put prices up and I will be interested to see what the other guys do.

The F600 Transporter will be our biggest risk and challenge but I hope this clearly separates us from the rest and gives the collectors a chance to truly own and display how these trucks that helped open up our great country.

Hope to put a smile on your dial very soon.
Regards
John
RET
Administrator
Guru

Model: FE

richard.e.thomas ret56fe
View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: October 11, 2014, 05:13:32 PM »

These models really look slapped together. Mind you, the very first Trax ones weren't without their problems either.

Perhaps we've just been spoilt by Models56, and expect a higher standard from everyone as a result. Smiley

OurCarClub.com.au is a web-based data management application, custom built for car clubs and their volunteer officials. More info...
slim
Guru

Model: FE and FC

Ring 0420768346 for genuine FE/FC parts.

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 11, 2014, 07:20:35 PM »

Armco models are great I love them , but you get what you pay for . Trax are $55. Armco $95. Hence the quality difference I guess.. just my thoughts , John keep the classics coming , im happy to pay your price mate .  Grin Grin

Im located at Liverpool, NSW
surferboy
wa-club
Guru

Model: FE and FC

10,000 POINTS !

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 11, 2014, 08:05:11 PM »

It wouldn't affect the value of the already faulty Trax wagon model then
if I throw some white and blue paint on it
so it looks like my wagon
 Huh