FE-FC Holden Discussion Forum
May 10, 2024, 08:10:00 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Are you a member of one of the FE-FC Holden Car Clubs of Australia ? If you are, get access to the Club-Member-only area of this discussion board. Send an IM to the board admin, including your real name and club to get access.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: Fuel system foulups  (Read 1826 times)
jimmys57

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile
« on: June 10, 2006, 07:36:30 AM »

Hey all....need help with a stromberg setup.I think my FE is seriously undercarbed,its running a single stromberg and im having some problems.I live in a fairly hilly area and am having some real dramas in getting up and going so to speak.The engine is a fresh 138,bored 30 thou and has a mild cam,and im running a standard 3 speed.When the motor is still cold,im getting a lot of blowback through the carb.Once warm,its a lot better,but i still think i should be getting better performance.The engine has great compression and im getting excellent oil pressure,and it makes all the right noises.I have a 2 inch exhaust with extractors,ignition seems strong and everything is timed as it should be.So what gives???...Im hoping one of you legends can give me some advice!                                                                               Thanking you in advance.....jimmys57
HARKO
« Reply #1 on: June 10, 2006, 10:04:35 AM »

Double check that your distributor isnt one tooth out ,It could cause these symptoms if its retarded too much.
Also have you run your cam in properly ,If lobes have warn down it can also backfire out of the carbie.
Home Brewed mechanics advice Smiley
jimmys57

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 10, 2006, 09:04:01 PM »

Hey,,thanks harko,i will check that out.....cheers jimmys57
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Share this topic...
In a forum (BBCode) 
In a site/blog (HTML)

Jump to: