FE-FC Holden Discussion Forum
May 10, 2024, 10:09:26 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: The FE-FC Holden Car Club of NSW are proud to host the 19th FE-FC Holden Nationals. Check out the announcement video for more.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: Aftermarket Inlet and Exhaust Manifolds  (Read 2557 times)
vmx-mxr

Model: FE

View Profile
« on: February 16, 2012, 10:36:48 AM »

Pics and information wanted !

What started as a wanted add in the FB / EK Parts Wanted section has turned into something bigger. We kicked and kind of hi-jacked the thread with talk of all the different manifolds out there so I figured it better share it with you guys too.

Anyway, we have started posting pics we have of old manifolds made by long forgotten businesses (in most cases) which are probably only the tip of the iceberg. If anyone out there has pictures and reliable information on the plethora of aftermarket bolt ons how's about we get a good thread started here too. I'm not asking Harv to bust his arse doing another thesis (although you are welcome to Harv, they are great!), just a whole bunch of shared knowledge.

Don't stop at the above - information about setting up, tuning, special tools, whatever. Engines are one thing, transmissions and other driveline stuff ditto, but the inlet and exhaust stuff is out there on it's own

Rather than just deal with the Greys how about throw Red options here as well and make it a one stop shop.

Inlet and exhaust stuff - if it bolts onto the cylinder head lets see 'em with detail where possible. I wanted to share the opportunity with FE / FC guys as well, knowledge shared is knowledge gained blah blah ............

If you like you can send all stuff via the finned cars or run something here. If we can it would good to get a whole batch of stuff as it is something that has never been covered fully on the forums.

My kick off is on photobucket and will be added to as I go;

http://s802.photobucket.com/albums/yy301/vmx-mxr/Grey%20Motor%20Inlet%20Manifolds/

Cheers

Dave Mac Cheesy
« Last Edit: February 16, 2012, 10:46:07 AM by vmx-mxr » Logged
Harv
Guru

Model: other Holden

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2012, 05:58:33 PM »

Harv's arse is buried in grey motor crashboxes at the minute  Grin... no chance of me doing an inlet/exhuast thesis until I get the crashbox one done.

.... though twins and triples are really cool. It's taken all my willpower not to buy a triple inlet manifold in the last few years. I keep reminding myself I'm supposed to be stuffing a V8 into the wagon, and that the grey sitting on an engine stand doesn't need multiple carbs. The last time I got distracted I ended up with 1/2 a dozen Holley carbs in pieces, and writing an Early Holden 350 Holley Guide. Maybe I have Antention Deficit Disorder - I keep losing attention anytime someone mentions early go-fast gear  Roll Eyes Grin.

Cheers,
Harv.
vmx-mxr

Model: FE

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 16, 2012, 08:33:56 PM »

Harv's arse is buried in grey motor crashboxes at the minute  Grin... no chance of me doing an inlet/exhuast thesis until I get the crashbox one done.

.... though twins and triples are really cool. It's taken all my willpower not to buy a triple inlet manifold in the last few years. I keep reminding myself I'm supposed to be stuffing a V8 into the wagon, and that the grey sitting on an engine stand doesn't need multiple carbs. The last time I got distracted I ended up with 1/2 a dozen Holley carbs in pieces, and writing an Early Holden 350 Holley Guide. Maybe I have Antention Deficit Disorder - I keep losing attention anytime someone mentions early go-fast gear  Roll Eyes Grin.

Cheers,
Harv.

Awww common Harv, you know you want a fit a set of triples on the grey !!!

As for the V8 option you always have to keep an open mind - that is why I have a spare Supra box and Dellow 308 housing - just in case  Roll Eyes Still, wouldn't mind a SBC and the set up I posted over on our 'side of the fence' - http://sbctango.activeboard.com/t42738689/sidedrafts-for-your-small-block/

How is the gearbox 'paper' going ?

Dave Mac  Smiley
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Share this topic...
In a forum (BBCode) 
In a site/blog (HTML)

Jump to: