FE-FC Holden Discussion Forum
May 19, 2024, 06:00:02 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: The FE-FC Holden Car Club of NSW are proud to host the 19th FE-FC Holden Nationals. Check out the announcement video for more.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: Looking for the piece of trim that goes under tailight  (Read 4497 times)
hukuna

View Profile
« on: June 14, 2008, 01:54:36 PM »

Looking for the piece that goes under tailight .
can anyone help me out ??
thanks
bent8-58

The older it gets-the slower it was!

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 04, 2008, 09:24:56 PM »

If you dont have any luck finding the original trim (l'm guessing you 're talking about the vertical trim that runs from the tailight to the bumper bar) you can get some chrome moulding- plastic or vinyl l think that is mounted using double-sided tape from the striping/paint touch-up guys in the vans.lt might get you out of trouble, even if its only till you find the right ones.    Daz.

I LOVE CATS.....BUT I CANT EAT A WHOLE ONE BY MYSELF.
TTV6FC
Guru

Model: FC

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 04, 2008, 09:53:58 PM »

Daz,one of the guys from the SA club (whose name escapes me) has fitted this same strip that you have mentioned to the gutter of his light blue FC panel van and it wasn't until I had a close look that I discovered it wasn't the real thing.Very effective.

Run your fingers over my Holden and I'll run my Holden over your fingers!!!!
Glenn 'Stinky' Stankevicius
Guru

Model: FE and FC

Willaston, South Australia

Glenn.Stankevicius
View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 04, 2008, 10:16:15 PM »

Jim Bentley?
Fitch the Rubber has some of that gear last time I was there.

NO NAME

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 05, 2008, 10:09:00 AM »

not again,

lighting shows it a bit wrong,the lighting makes the white appear to wrap rite around the blue wraps around further than it appears and ends below the centre of the tail light, i dont know if i will keep it like that, it fades into the white, i just thinned it to about 90% and fluked a match on both sides, i still need to get it out some were to stand back and see if it looks ok.

pedro
qld-club
Guru

If you haven't grown up by 50, you don't have to.

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 05, 2008, 10:27:19 AM »

That looks really neat Leon, did you weld the seam, i like it better like that without the chrome strip it gives the rear a nice rounded look.
              Pedro F4+

I love animals - they taste great

F4+
NO NAME

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 05, 2008, 10:40:23 AM »

yeah, all the seems are welded except the one behind the front bumper, that one is tacked but i forgot to weld it and painted inside so i just pushed a lot of fibrglass into that seem.
 i still have the flap behind the seem and i noticed the other night that one of the tabs from the stainless strip was still in there.
 i am not a fan of that strip, one tone cars always seem to look neater in that area.

pedro
qld-club
Guru

If you haven't grown up by 50, you don't have to.

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 05, 2008, 10:54:27 AM »

yeah, all the seems are welded except the one behind the front bumper, that one is tacked but i forgot to weld it and painted inside so i just pushed a lot of fibrglass into that seem.
 i still have the flap behind the seem and i noticed the other night that one of the tabs from the stainless strip was still in there.
 i am not a fan of that strip, one tone cars always seem to look neater in that area.

Doh, didn't think of that, i'll have to keep it as the old girl is going to be two tone.

Sorry hukuna, i was going to say you could have mine but i'll be needing them after all, and i've promised my spare pair to Keith already.
                  Pedro F4+

I love animals - they taste great

F4+
earlyholdenfan

Model: other Holden

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 07, 2008, 06:25:11 PM »

What are a decent set of these worth?
Matt
FC427
nsw-club
Guru

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 07, 2008, 08:48:37 PM »

There is a guy that does the swap meets with a lot of old Holden bits he is dear I reckon $100 for a set that were 90% I bought a set of ebay with dents in one the other fair $35 .......FC427.....

As I lay rubber down the street I pray for traction I can keep, but if I spin and begin to slide please dear god protect my ride
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Share this topic...
In a forum (BBCode) 
In a site/blog (HTML)

Jump to: