FE-FC Holden Discussion Forum
May 15, 2024, 05:39:24 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: The FE-FC Holden Car Club of NSW are proud to host the 19th FE-FC Holden Nationals. Check out the announcement video for more.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: EBAY-DOOR HANDLES.  (Read 4869 times)
fink fc

View Profile
« on: August 21, 2011, 07:08:20 AM »

I DON'T KNOW IF THIS HAS BEEN POSTED BEFORE.YESTERDAY I WAS HELPING MY MOTOR TRIMMER,HE'S 2 DOORS DOWN.HE WAS HAVING TROUBLE FITTING THE INNER DOOR HANDLES TO A 57 CHEV & I NOTICED THEY ARE THE SAME AS FC.ALSO THE DOOR LOCK MECHANISM & STRICKER PLATE.AMAZING I LOOKED ON EBAY MOTORS IN THE US UNDER ''57 CHEVY DOOR HANDLES'' & THERE THEY ARE,BRAND NEW& THE PRICE IS REASONABLE, GAZ. Shocked Shocked Grin Grin
NosFEratu
Guru

Model: FE

F4+ =^^=

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2011, 10:15:11 AM »

http://fefcholden.org.au/forum/index.php/topic,15632.0.html

Hi Gaz

I started a similar thread a little while back about the prices things go for on e-bay when I was totally gobsmacked at the prices some things were going for. 

Yes, there are a lot of crossover parts between the US GM and GMH cars of the same era. 

In fact, in the last year, Rares has started to import and sell more US GM items as replacement parts for GMH cars. 

Wish you the best with your build.

Kathi

NosFEratu
2brite
wa-club

Cruizin's devine in a '59

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 21, 2011, 01:37:46 PM »

Regarding crossover parts

a guy i used to buy parts off had a 57 vette and i noticed his handbrake handle,seat adjuster  knob
and light choke knobs ets are  same as FC
FE 4 ME
qld-club

"A Sweet Sensation"

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 30, 2011, 12:01:09 PM »

I'm not sure that the door handles would fit a FE/FC if you have a look at the ebay link below, there are some clear pics of the door handle, it looks like a different profile and a larger circumference where the door button pushes into the striker

see what you all think, fingers crossed i might be wrong, but it wasn't too long ago i put my door handles on and i'm almost sure they didnt look like that contour.... be nice if they were, the Chevy ones are cheap ( well a lot cheaper ) for brand new

please let me know

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/NEW-1955-57-Chevy-Car-Exterior-Door-Handle-Set-SEDAN-/350488397963?pt=Vintage_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&hash=item519abc888b

"Have a Great Holden ( FE ) Day !!!" SmileySmileySmiley

FE 4 ME

$$$ Parts Catalogue 1948-1969 for sale ONLY $15 $$ all Money goes to the FE/FC Club QLD PM Me to get this great Catalogue
zulu
nsw-club
Guru

Model: FE and FC

Old Boonah Ambo

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 30, 2011, 02:45:20 PM »

FE4ME

They look more like a possible match with EJ -EH exterior ones

I think you will find that it is the interior handles and window winders (but not the short quarter vent winder) that match

Also, (not sure what year model) the FE interior arm rest is the same as well

Gary
FE 4 ME
qld-club

"A Sweet Sensation"

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 30, 2011, 02:47:56 PM »

thankx Gary,
   i did search and find the internal handles and like you said they all look the match, the external handles would have been great if they matched

FE 4 ME

$$$ Parts Catalogue 1948-1969 for sale ONLY $15 $$ all Money goes to the FE/FC Club QLD PM Me to get this great Catalogue
mcl1959
vic-club
Guru

FE's rule

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 30, 2011, 09:37:33 PM »

The Vic club will have brand new door handles available soon Smiley

Ken
FE 4 ME
qld-club

"A Sweet Sensation"

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 31, 2011, 07:31:33 AM »

Sounds great Ken,...... any idea how much they will be ? also i remember awhile ago there were some repro scratch plates, if i recall they were scrapped due to lack of quality...are they still on the back burner or DOA ?

thankx Ken

FE 4 ME

mcl1959
vic-club
Guru

FE's rule

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 01, 2011, 07:54:09 PM »

Price not settled yet - early days into manufacture. Less than $150 per pair is most likely

Ken
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Share this topic...
In a forum (BBCode) 
In a site/blog (HTML)

Jump to: