FE-FC Holden Discussion Forum
May 13, 2024, 03:42:52 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: The FE-FC Holden Car Club of NSW are proud to host the 19th FE-FC Holden Nationals. Check out the announcement video for more.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: Commodore diffs  (Read 17167 times)
chesoir

Model: FE

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 15, 2004, 08:11:53 PM »

Maybe someone should start a new thread with the pics of the red EJ. THis guy has managed to fit 2 strut towers, presumably with the springs and everything inside them, and a V8 into a showroom engine bay. Where the hell do the exhausts run ?? I assume he has gone to rack and pinion, so where is the rack ??
If this is possible, anything should be.
Maybe this is the guy I need to talk to about powering a moke with a 350 !
dadseh

old holdens forever

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 02, 2006, 09:13:28 AM »

Chesoir
Hi. I have just signed up and had a look at your comments on the red EJ. The car is from Canberra. (Not mine)To answer your questions it has the full cross member out of an early commodore not just the strutts grafted in. He is running all commodore running gear. Disc brake rear, brake booster, radiator, rear rack and pinion as it is standard with the cross member. He has cast headers, 350 chev and it runs on gas. Because of the strutt towers he had to modify the bonnet to open in reverse. This is done in 2 peices so the bonnet doesn't hit the radiator support panel. This conversion is great for parts because everything is standard commodore. Upgrade for brakes is easier as well because it is a commodore stub axle and strutt not HR.
It's a great car. He is doing another one at the moment as i am with commodore cross member and strutts. This time with manufactured strutt towers and concealed under the guards with power steering. Mine will be running a EFI 304 and 5 speed. It's a slow procees especially with 3 young kids but hopefully will be worth it in the end.
I hope this gives you a bit more info on the car.

Regards Glen (DadsEH).
ps. I like FC's as well.
nicko
Guru

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 02, 2006, 10:44:55 AM »

vn and vp diffs are same length, but VR are 20mm wider than the VN series.

Dr_Terry

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 05, 2006, 04:59:20 AM »

Hi nicko.

Just to add to that, both the VR & VS (live axle) rear ends are 20mm wider than the VN/VP, but on sedans only. VR/VS wagons & utes still use the VN/VP length diff.

Dr Terry.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Share this topic...
In a forum (BBCode) 
In a site/blog (HTML)

Jump to: