FE-FC Holden Discussion Forum
May 16, 2024, 09:00:06 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Are you a member of one of the FE-FC Holden Car Clubs of Australia ? If you are, get access to the Club-Member-only area of this discussion board. Send an IM to the board admin, including your real name and club to get access.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: FB Trim  (Read 4407 times)
Suzanne

View Profile
« on: June 04, 2003, 06:12:01 AM »

Hello,
The seats in my FB car are different to the standard seats. This is the trim code - can anyone help me decipher it?  Trim 611-N41.  They have material sewn into the vinyl so it could be from a later or earlier Holden perhaps.

Thanks for any advice
Suzanne
4hammers
tas-club
Guru

Model: FE

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2003, 07:51:49 AM »

Hi Suzanne.
Rob here. I have got all the "Guru's" having a look at that for you. Ken has offered his idea's, but cannot ID them exactly, as he is more an FE FC Guru. Tony Galea is also trying to figure it out. I am sure someone out there will give you a positive ID shortly.
Rob J

p.s. How was TAS??

WTB..FE FC Commercial...Stock plz
Suzanne

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 05, 2003, 06:13:00 AM »

Hiya Rob, thanks for your help.  Tassie was wonderful and now I want to move home again!  The fresh air, polite people and no traffic were heavenly.  But now it's back to the rat-race.  I took the car for a drive this morning and I can't believe how many people pulled in front of me leaving half a metre of space.  My FB is not designed to duck and weave!!
Regards
Suzanne
Dr Terry
« Reply #3 on: June 06, 2003, 11:00:39 AM »

Hi Suzanne,

I have not seen a trim number on an FB look like that before , does it definitely say N41.

Can you give me all of the other numbers (paint etc) off your car’s body plate, I will see what I can find out.

Dr Terry
Suzanne

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 07, 2003, 10:06:15 PM »

Sorry - just cleaned some dirt off and it looks like it's 941 not N41 - sorry all!

The body is FB225-18895-9
trim 611-941
paint 585-9669

Thanks a tonne!
Suzanne
4hammers
tas-club
Guru

Model: FE

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 07, 2003, 11:04:51 PM »

Hmmmm.
Bummer.  Cry
I thought it was something special. 941 is "mephisto & Handsel Red". The interior has been re-done at some stage.
Don't worry Suzanne, I have done that before. Read it wrong & gotten all excited (truth be told, I was probably the one who got you all excited about it,  Sorry Embarrassed)

Thanks to all who have been scratching their heads trying to work it out.
Mystery solved. Grin
Rob J

WTB..FE FC Commercial...Stock plz
Suzanne

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 08, 2003, 02:36:34 AM »

Oh well - there you go - life would be pretty dull if you didn't get excited every now and again - Doh!!  

Appreciate everyones help.
Suzanne
Cheesy
ScottA

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 10, 2003, 12:29:05 AM »

Suzanne,
I have seen 2 other cars (FB,s) with the same trim as your car but grey with a grey fleck insert. One car was a one owner vehicle & the owner insisted that the trim was factory fitted. I have posted questions to FB EK clubs of Vic & Qld to varify, will let u know

Regards Scott
Suzanne

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 10, 2003, 10:35:49 AM »

Hi Scott,
Thanks for that - the seats are one colour all over (the vinyl bit) and it seems a bizzare way to reupholster them - just taking out the middle and sewing in material. The bottom of the seat is a red painted metal with a chrome trim - a lot of work to go to for just a seat.  Cars seemed to be a work of art back then compared to the tin cans that are around now!

Cheers,
Suzanne
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Share this topic...
In a forum (BBCode) 
In a site/blog (HTML)

Jump to: