FE-FC Holden Discussion Forum
May 10, 2024, 09:35:17 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Are you a member of one of the FE-FC Holden Car Clubs of Australia ? If you are, get access to the Club-Member-only area of this discussion board. Send an IM to the board admin, including your real name and club to get access.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: Air Con in my V6 FC  (Read 4939 times)
jfk

Model: FC

View Profile
« on: December 07, 2013, 12:05:15 PM »

Hi all

Just wondered if anybody could give me some info on installing AC in my V6 FC. Sounds pretty soft I know, but I have moved to Far North Queensland, it's a daily driver, it has a black roof, it's summer and I'm getting old. I have a floor shift, modified bench seat, billeted steering column and a modified dash with Smith's guages, so I won't to keep it as neat and hidden as possible. Any suggestions before I get started ?

JFK
Old_Mt_Isa_Boy
qld-club

My Ute

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: December 07, 2013, 01:25:23 PM »

Ute or sedan?

Regards

Wayne b
NES304
Guru

Yes Dear

nes304
View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 07, 2013, 08:16:02 PM »

Use a VS V6 compressor. V6 conversions do a mount kit to the V6.
Nez out

hsv-001

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 07, 2013, 09:10:35 PM »

I am currently playing with a vs  v6 compressor on a series 2 ,an old under dash air compressor  an looking for the right size condenser  and will fit it all in a 2seater '48 Vauxhall that is a on going project . We maybe able to exchange some ideas . Haydn

Cheers,Haydn
jfk

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 11, 2013, 10:36:10 PM »

Ute or sedan?

Regards

Wayne b

Hi,

Sorry been offline for a few days travelling.

Body is a Sedan...... and thanks guys for the other suggestions...... I'll have a crack and share anything I learn.

Cheers

JFK
NES304
Guru

Yes Dear

nes304
View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 12, 2013, 08:03:46 AM »

Use a VS V6 compressor. V6 conversions do a mount kit to the V6.
Nez out
V6Conversions do the kit on the drivers side however I am mounting mine on the passenger side so the lines are shorter and direct tot the fire wall where vintage air is mounted behind glovebox
The VS compressor is smaller than the VT or V8 versions but has ample power to run the air con.

hsv-001

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 12, 2013, 09:02:24 AM »

Nes  is it put on the drivers side solely because of the battery tray . I am just wondering because on the V6 its set up on the other side and in my Vauxhall I was thinking of leaving it as is . Haydn
NES304
Guru

Yes Dear

nes304
View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 13, 2013, 10:57:11 PM »

No idea regarding the battery tray but Pat Gardner lifted it to avoid the chassis rail I believe. My Battery is in the boot Grin

hsv-001

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 14, 2013, 10:41:51 PM »

Thanks for that . As I have to take the Vauxhall coupe body off the chassis to box it I'll take a look if it fit on with original alloy mount . Otherwise I may have to build a bracket to relocate higher unlike an early holden the inner guards are perpendicular and therefore no more room further up . Probably less room due to the original V6 manifolds . Thanks again.  Haydn
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Share this topic...
In a forum (BBCode) 
In a site/blog (HTML)

Jump to: