FE-FC Holden Discussion Forum
May 04, 2024, 01:02:41 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: The FE-FC Holden Car Club of NSW are proud to host the 19th FE-FC Holden Nationals. Check out the announcement video for more.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: FC Front Indicator socket  (Read 4159 times)
FC0058
qld-club
Guru

Model: FC

Jim Altmann
View Profile
« on: March 31, 2003, 11:55:01 PM »

Hi All

Now it is time to pick your brains and really show you all that I really am learning as I go.

I have my car now and have started the very long list of things that need to be looked at and repaired.

My first stumberling block is aquiring 2 new front indicator light sockets. the drivers side was corroded and fused together, the wire was hanging there as the back side of the socket was non existant.

So are there any ideas or suggestions for a replacement item as rare spares do not have any. Will EH sockets fit Huh? or what mods will be required, or can I order them from somewhere???

Cheers Jim

Forgiveness is easier than permission.
craiga
« Reply #1 on: April 01, 2003, 12:09:15 AM »

Jim,

You should be able to pick these up at your local auto electrician. I know Supercheap have the single post units - maybe Repco is also worth a try.

Mine were also fairly corroded but I used a product called "Marine Clean" and they came up a treat. Marine Clean is from the same people who make the POR15 rust preventative paint - I got mine from the local spraypainting supplier - and its absolutely ideal for part cleaning.

You can also use aluminium cleaner which will clean them up, but I find it leaves a residue.

Cheers,

Craig.
FC0058
qld-club
Guru

Jim Altmann
View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 01, 2003, 12:30:42 AM »

Thanks for that Craig, I have some bitz and pieces to pick up from repco tonite so will ask them to check into it for me.

By the way how is the poo resurection going, fine I hope.

Cheers Jim

gp

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 01, 2003, 04:25:00 AM »

G'day,
May I suggest you check out some of the swap meets. I have quite often seen them new in the box (NOS) at the swaps. Part number is 7411825. I realise that this might not help you immediately, but it's the best long term solution.
mcl1959
vic-club
Guru

FE's rule

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 01, 2003, 09:08:23 AM »

I'm pretty sure I have a number of both single and double globe holders original FC - NOS.
Also have quite a lot of perfect condition s/h ones as well.
Send me a pm if interested.

Regards   Ken
FC0058
qld-club
Guru

Jim Altmann
View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 01, 2003, 10:03:29 AM »

Hi Guys

I have managed to remove the passenger side without to much harm. This one still worked. I have no idea how and why but it did. So now I have a better idea of what I really ment/require.

I would hazard to say it might be called an indicator loom.

Cheers Jim

customFC
nsw-club
Guru

Ask me about microwaving cats for fun or profit.

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 03, 2003, 09:47:39 AM »

When you get some new ones, track down the rubber boots that go over them. Seals them from water and they won't short out.
Regards
Alex

FC0058
qld-club
Guru

Jim Altmann
View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 03, 2003, 10:19:15 AM »

Hi Alex
Thanks for the tip. When I first removed them both I wandered what the very deteriated piece of rubber was a round the stem. I soon realised and thought it may come with the item.

I have a rare spares stockist around the corner, they also have heaps of other rubber and plastic goodies that will come in handy.

I am just awaiting a response from Ken, then the problam should be solved.

Cheers Jim

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Share this topic...
In a forum (BBCode) 
In a site/blog (HTML)

Jump to: