FE-FC Holden Discussion Forum
May 14, 2024, 09:02:05 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: The FE-FC Holden Car Club of NSW are proud to host the 19th FE-FC Holden Nationals. Check out the announcement video for more.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: What's your MOTORvation for going to the Nats?  (Read 6741 times)
Glenn 'Stinky' Stankevicius
Guru

Model: FE and FC

Willaston, South Australia

Glenn.Stankevicius
View Profile
« on: August 18, 2004, 10:48:59 AM »

Only one choice, although I realise people may have many reasons. If you select "Other" a brief explanation would be appreciated as I may have missed a category.

fcfromscratch
wa-club

FC - Fantastic Cars

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 18, 2004, 10:56:34 AM »

Hi Glenn,

I voted "other"........Epic Journey!!!!

....but also very definitiely to check out cars and meet new friends and contacts....

Brad
gp
act-club

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 18, 2004, 07:29:36 PM »

Hi Glenn,
I voted "catching up with friends", but "checking out the cars" comes a close second, with "meeting new friends" coming in third. Cheesy

Cheers,

Graham

Cya in the snowies
JB
qld-club
Guru

Model: FE

Jason Blanchard
View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 18, 2004, 08:52:04 PM »

I have just voted other for HOLIDAYS....

Jason.

Phone +64 223509263
Kathy

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 18, 2004, 09:09:21 PM »

All of the above.  However, this poll only allows you to pick one.

I don't at present own an FE or FC however on seeing the comradarie on this site, meeting new friends/catching up with friends would have to be high in the poll results.  
Also, everyone wants a trophy, but I doubt there are many out there who would admit to that on this forum.  Encouragement awards would be a great incentive for those like I who don't have an open cheque book or the depth of knowledge/skill/equipment that others have when it comes to restoring/modifying vehicles.  

Kathy

julius
act-club

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 18, 2004, 10:36:33 PM »

Hi Kathy

I voted to catch up.

You know how I feel, I like all the options you have given. But if I had my way as a non drinker, I would vote abolish booze..... It's OK with me as I also have habbits some don,t like so theirs a bit of give and take their.

I love the fact that their will be a lot of wonderful people and freinds to meet as in past events and woulden't miss that for the world.

But I must admit, I do love competing for the tinware.

I'm looking forward to the Nats and competing with our new car!........if in fact it will be finished for this one, it's only been in the pipe line for about 18 year.

See you all at the nats

Julius
Wayne
nsw-club
Guru

I Love my FE

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 18, 2004, 11:09:07 PM »

Hi
 I voted other as I only been to one and had a good time so I intend to go and have another top weekend catching up with all the people on the site and be able to see there cars and be able to put face to name from the other clubs
WAYNE
julius
act-club

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 19, 2004, 07:42:39 AM »

Hi Stinky

When I was on my walk and think break today, it dawned on me that your poll needs to be revisited and altered.

The reason is that  I was forced to pick one, how could I, they are all relevant, I would have voted for all of them except the booze.

In my opinion nearly everyone goes to the Nationals for the same reason, to support the movement and to catch up with everyone, meet new friends and deep down if they have put the effort into their ride, they want some kind of reward,  "some won’t verbally express that"  but they all want it… in some kind of form,.. be it from another member or someone from wherever and of course if fortunate, a trophy. That’s one of the reasons why the movement now has grown to have some brilliant cars for us and the public to see.

I feel that this to be a fair poll, people should be able to nominate all if they wish.

Another thing your poll also should be directed at official entrants and not to everyone on the forum, most of them don't or haven’t even experienced or gone to a Nationals, otherwise we would have 625 FEs and FCs, wouldn’t that be great to see, we would have to use the Resort as Banjo Patterson park would be to small,…. but in reality we will only get about 10 percent  or so of that.

Regards

Julius
surferboy
wa-club
Guru

10,000 POINTS !

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 20, 2004, 01:47:17 AM »

gday glenn
i voted other. my reasons for going...                              1                                                                                      
to prove the guys at work wrong.  they reckon the old wagon will never make it across the nullabor.
2 i'm a glutton for punishment
3 i've driven the wagon north & south but its not been east yet.
   anyone whos seen the wagon knows i'm definately not after trophys.(the biggest trophy could never give me the feeling i get everyday when i'm driving )
                          Cool Cool Cool

cruisin's great with a 58
gp
act-club

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 20, 2004, 04:05:22 AM »

Hey Surferboy, we have faith, I'm sure you'll prove the guys at work wrong

Cheesy

Cheers,

Graham.
surferboy
wa-club
Guru

10,000 POINTS !

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 22, 2004, 11:32:46 AM »

i hope so.        
or it could be a long walk home ( especially with the longboard tucked under my arm )
                          Cool Cool Cool

cruisin's great with a 58
GREGD

FE & FC HOLDENS ROAR

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 25, 2004, 10:33:55 AM »

Probably all of the above, see you all in the Snowies. If the crowd is as spontaneous as in QLD we will have a ball.

GregD
« Last Edit: August 25, 2004, 10:34:28 AM by gregd » Logged
Glenn 'Stinky' Stankevicius
Guru

Willaston, South Australia

Glenn.Stankevicius
View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 26, 2004, 08:44:36 AM »

We've had just over a week now, so I am closing the poll as replies have dropped off.

fccool59

rain sucks     http://www.yout ube.com/watch?v =N1Uj

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: January 07, 2005, 09:27:36 AM »

Im going for trophies, plan is to burn all the other cars with my flamethrowers the night before and then take all the tin.
plan B is to keep my fingers crossed for a trophy for the most rust bubbles and cracks or if I get time just patch it up.

rain sucks  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N1Ujma1lBac    rain sucks     rain sucks
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Share this topic...
In a forum (BBCode) 
In a site/blog (HTML)

Jump to: