FE-FC Holden Discussion Forum
May 06, 2024, 01:41:13 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Are you a member of one of the FE-FC Holden Car Clubs of Australia ? If you are, get access to the Club-Member-only area of this discussion board. Send an IM to the board admin, including your real name and club to get access.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: Replacing Pinion Seal  (Read 1316 times)
Rod

I love YaBB 1 Gold!

View Profile
« on: December 31, 2013, 06:49:08 PM »

Hi All,

Firstly compliments of the season to you all. With holidays upon us, I have decided to do those little jobs on my old ute that never get done. One is changing the diff centre due to a whine. I have had two 3.55's in the diff, both having whines. The one I have got in now had new bearings etc... put in it but it still had a whine (I think the crown and pinion were / are worn).

Anyway I have finally sourced another one but want to change the seal before putting it in. The gregory's manual is good as it gives a different description. A I read it a stock FC seal is easy to change. All your need to do is torque it up to 120lb(I think) where it seems a little more complicated for a later model centre. It talks about pinion load, lash etc... All a little confusing. Would I be safe if I mark the yoke and nut and when doing back up make sure that these two line up?

Should there be much lash between the pinion and crown as this one seems to have a little play. Don't want to put this one in and go through the same issues.

Cheers

Rod 
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Share this topic...
In a forum (BBCode) 
In a site/blog (HTML)

Jump to: