FE-FC Holden Discussion Forum
May 22, 2024, 08:15:58 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: The FE-FC Holden Car Club of NSW are proud to host the 19th FE-FC Holden Nationals. Check out the announcement video for more.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: 202 motor oil pick up  (Read 4112 times)
yackboy49

Model: FC

EARLY HOLDEN CAR CLUB INC. WANGARATTA

View Profile
« on: May 07, 2002, 10:24:44 AM »

Cheesy  When I first start my car after it has been sitting a while, it takes about 30 seconds for the  oil light to go off and also the oil pressure gauge to move.....is this causing damage ?...if so how do I fix it ? Hope  u can help.

Cheers...Phil.

Phil
Rod

I love YaBB 1 Gold!

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 07, 2002, 10:32:11 AM »

I would suggest that it is possibly causing damage. Assuming that you have enough oil in the sump, causes may include wore / damaged bearings (B.E, mains and cam), defective oil pump or thin/diluted oil. Any other suggestions?
Judex Jasmin
« Reply #2 on: June 05, 2002, 11:13:29 PM »

Try a smaller oil filter standard oil filter. The theory is that the pump has less to fill and circulates the oil quicker.   Worked for me. On my 202.  Roll Eyes
Effie C

Model: other Holden

Still Lost & Confused

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: June 07, 2002, 05:27:55 AM »

:)Hello
What grade of oil are you using as too thick an oil will also cause problems, another thought is that some of the cheaper oil filters allow the oil to drain back into the sump, hence when you start up the filter requires refilling.
More than likely though is wear and tear in the oil pump / bearings and the clearances are just so big it takes longer for the oil pressure to build up.
Good Luck
John.M

LIVE LIFE ONE DAY AT A TIME,FOR TOMORROW MAY NEVER COME!

Photo Site:http://img53.photobucket.com/albums/v161/EffieC/
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Share this topic...
In a forum (BBCode) 
In a site/blog (HTML)

Jump to: