FE-FC Holden Discussion Forum
May 15, 2024, 10:03:30 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Are you a member of one of the FE-FC Holden Car Clubs of Australia ? If you are, get access to the Club-Member-only area of this discussion board. Send an IM to the board admin, including your real name and club to get access.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: Panelvan restoration  (Read 3260 times)
Fast_Eddie

Body by Holden. Soul by Fast Eddie.

View Profile
« on: October 27, 2003, 12:45:09 AM »

Hello,

Could anyone assist me with the following extensive list of questions regarding a FC panelvan?

- Were headlinings ever fitted through the cargo area? If not, was some sort of anti-drum material glued on, like say, inside a sedan bootlid?

- What colour and/or finish was the internal metalwork, ie the windowless sections?

- What material was used for the cargo bed, and how was it fixed? (mine is plywood, screwed down)

- What material was used for the trim panels in the rear, and on the lower tailgate, and what colour?

- What was the colour/pattern of the door trims and seat covering?

- What was the detail on the back of the seat? (mine has a special seat with an ashtray)

- Was carpet ever an option for the floorlining in the front, or was it always the rubber mat? What sort of lining/anti drum product was used under the rubber mat?

- Were wagon rear seats ever fitted as a factory option, with some sort of split front bench to access the rear?

- Does anyone reproduce the internal firewall insulation, that seems to be made of card and hessian?

- What external chrome components were body colour, ie headlight surrounds, grille, bumpers etc.

- Is it possible to have an "A" suffix firewall plate and a "S" suffix subframe, or does this indicate a subframe swap?

- Were the firewall and subframe painted body colour or black?

- What colour was the underside of the vehicles painted, body colour or black?

Any assistance is greatly appreciated.

Regards

Edward
FC0058
qld-club
Guru

Model: FC

Jim Altmann
View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2003, 01:02:54 AM »

Edward
Try talking to Slim (NSW Club) he is a walth of knowledge when it comes to vans. He has what is termed as O.C.H.D (Obsessive Compolsive Holden Disorder) we think he has it under control though.
If he can not answer your questions I am sure Ken and a heap of others will be able to help.

Cheers Jim

Forgiveness is easier than permission.
mcl1959
vic-club
Guru

FE's rule

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 28, 2003, 11:50:53 AM »

Ed, here goes

No rear headliner - this service was offered by some body builder shops.  No anti drum material

Interior was done in bodycolour

Plywood - screwed down

No trim panels in rear or on t/gate

Trims were basket weave pressed and seats with a few lines of stitching - coloured to suit the exterior.  Your ID plate details what colour the interior was.

Back of the seat was plywood, painted.

No carpets, under the mat was hessian and some bitumen impregnated cardboard strips and panels.

No - see answer A

No not to my knowledge

h/lights & t/lights painted, grille painted depending on date of manufacture. All else chrome

Yes this is normal - van  body made in Adelaide and assembled in Sydney.  

Once again depends on date of manufacture.

Varies - no certain answer for this question.  The majority would seem to be black.

Regards   Ken

gp

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 28, 2003, 08:38:31 PM »

Wow,
I'd wondered what was wrong with me. No doctor had been able to diagnose my problem, now I realise that I also have O.C.H.D. I bet quite a few of you guys on the forum also have it! But it's not like most disorders, this one actually makes you feel good. I wonder if it's contagious? We should spread it around as much as possible!  Wink Grin

Cheers,
Graham.
Sarge
Guru

My 57 & Old No 7 all a Man Need's

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 28, 2003, 09:56:40 PM »

Graham
          I am trying to do just that (spread OCHD). Each time the wifes Uncle comes over he just has to spend longer in the Garage and has more Question. Wont be much longer I will have infected he good and proper with OCHD Grin
Regards
Mark

Mark Lees Tallerbudgera Queensland
        0421 165 351
Holden Classics; a BREED above the rest
Effie C

Model: other Holden

Still Lost & Confused

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: October 29, 2003, 02:38:12 AM »

gp (Graham)
This site falls within the complusive disorder as well
John M

LIVE LIFE ONE DAY AT A TIME,FOR TOMORROW MAY NEVER COME!

Photo Site:http://img53.photobucket.com/albums/v161/EffieC/
Fast_Eddie

Body by Holden. Soul by Fast Eddie.

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 29, 2003, 06:48:02 AM »

Ken,

Thanks for the information.

Regards

Edward
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Share this topic...