FE-FC Holden Discussion Forum
May 06, 2024, 12:52:16 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Are you a member of one of the FE-FC Holden Car Clubs of Australia ? If you are, get access to the Club-Member-only area of this discussion board. Send an IM to the board admin, including your real name and club to get access.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: F.C. 308  (Read 17962 times)
Glenn m
« Reply #20 on: July 02, 2004, 07:48:32 AM »

Hey guys, it`s happening this weekend. Got a workshop with  4 post hoist and mig for 3 days. Hope I will have more good news than bad next week.
     Cheers Glenn
Glenn m
« Reply #21 on: July 06, 2004, 11:07:20 AM »

Hey guys, what a busy weekend! Got the motor out in a couple of hours. Be good if the 308 went in that quick. I ended up recessing both sides of the firewall, which took some time. [motor in and out 5 times] but now have lots of clearances and looks quite good. The t400 fell in, only had to cut off some of the wing on the drivers side, but still retained the thread for the flex plate cover. Had to pack the rear of the gearbox about 25mm off the existing c.r.s. crossmember. [probably cause I have 50mm lowering blocks] The 4 core radiator fits no probs, but I had to use thermo fans. A fixed fan would fit, but so low to the radiator. I thought thermos would be o.k. considering the 4 core. Had to also shorten a v8 wagon tailshaft and change the yolk on the bango. [It`s not staying ] Just finished cleaning and painting an h.t. alternator bracket which sits in great. The exhausts? looks like a problem. Worry about that later. Thats about it for now, keep you posted.
     Cheers Glenn  
Glenn m
« Reply #22 on: July 26, 2004, 09:06:13 AM »

Hey guys, long time no hear.
Got the ute running last sunday, but had fuel pump problems (and a couple of other little things) but now it`s all good. We modified some commodore extractors to fit a twin system, and it sounds sweet! The h.t. alternater bracket worked good also. Took it for it`s first drive today, man what a difference. The T400 is so much better than the tired traumatic I had, not to mention the smooooth 308. It`s a new car! Will get the photos of the rear mounted rack I promised to ace, and some more I hope. (gotta get the son in laws camera]
Can`t think of much else, wish me luck with the engineer
Cheers Glenn
FATBOY
Guru

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 27, 2004, 07:22:27 AM »

sounds great but we all need the photos. Mt front end should be back this week with rear mounted rack and modified sump and extrctors to suit from v6 conversions . cant wait any longer
cheers fatboy

fatboy
mcl1959
vic-club
Guru

FE's rule

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 27, 2004, 07:46:03 AM »

Engineering spec in Vic is 10 mm clearance between engine and body.  3 mm will get knocked back every time.
I assume that this is similar in other states

Ken
Ed
Guru

Model: FE

Ed74mnd
View Profile
« Reply #25 on: July 27, 2004, 09:11:29 PM »

nice work Glen, best of luck.

Ken,

yep NSW is 10mm too, can be bloody hard to achieve at times too!

Cheers

Ed

in the shed
Glenn m
« Reply #26 on: August 01, 2004, 09:02:44 AM »

Hey guys, noise test came in at 92.5 dbs [i`m allowed 96] and it weighed in at 1300kgs. It weighed 1200 with the 6! Go figure. Still running good, no real dramas got about 200 kms up so far. Carby a bit ordinary sometimes but will sort it out. I put a small subaru fixed fan on to help with the cooling [ getting a bit hot in traffic] No other news, will let you`s know how I go with the engineer soon.
              Cheers Glenn
Glenn m
« Reply #27 on: August 08, 2004, 06:18:30 AM »

Hey guys, took the ute to the engineer this morning and he was very happy with the fit out, passed no problems. Sorted out the carby, bought a new one from Hume auto quip. bolted it on, few adjustments and it was sweet. Nothing much more to add, will do the blue slip in a fortnight and then off to R.T.A. And I will get some photos! Son in law is a slacker. Talk soon.
                        Cheers, Glenn
GM

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: August 25, 2004, 09:22:24 AM »

Hi guys,
Can someone tell me how to post my photos to my email so I can show you the finished motor.

Upon the hill there stood a cow.
It must have moved, It's not there now.
Ed
Guru

Ed74mnd
View Profile
« Reply #29 on: August 25, 2004, 09:28:32 PM »

Hey Glenn,

this is from RET's sticky on the photo section
if the starblvd doesnt work u can try photobucket.com
im keen to see ur car.

Cheers

Ed

How to Link an Image to this Board

You must upload the image onto the internet somewhere.  There is no provision for upload directly to these boards.  If you do not have your own personal web-space somewhere (such as that allocated by your ISP), then try http://starphoto.starblvd.net/
You need to know the URL of the image (which is not the same as the page it is on!)
To link the photo: when writing (or editing) a message, use the button that looks like a framed picture in the 'Add YABBC tags' area above the Message area.  (It's fourth from the left, bottom row).  That will whack some tags at the end of your current message that look like this [ img ] URL [ /img ].  Replace the string "URL" between the tags with the literal URL of the picture, just as you do with web-link tags.
Use the "Preview" function to make sure it works as it should!

in the shed
GM

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: August 27, 2004, 08:41:43 AM »

Thanks for the info. Ed, I think the motor was easier to do. Will keep trying.
                Cheers Glenn

Martin

Model: FC

Jim

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: August 27, 2004, 01:57:07 PM »

Stick with it, Glenn.  The first time's the hardest  Tongue .  I registered on photobucket, then followed the instructions in Ed's post. P.O.P  Grin  The "URL" (whatever the hell that is!?) appears in photobucket under the photo.  Copy it (Crtl + C), then paste it into your FEFC Holden post message (Ctrl + V) between the [ img] and the [ /img] that you get when you click on the little "photo" button (4th "tag" from the left).  Delete the letters URL that are between those bracketed things.
Cheesy
And we wanna see.  It sounds like things are going well.

lol

Martin
« Last Edit: August 27, 2004, 01:57:57 PM by lewis1411 » Logged

The liver is evil.  It must be PUNISHED

Martin
Marion.  South Aust.

Ebay user id:  lewis1411
FC0058
qld-club
Guru

Model: FC

Jim Altmann
View Profile
« Reply #32 on: August 27, 2004, 09:17:56 PM »

Glenn
If you still having difficulty with photos, email them to me and I will place them in my photo bucket album and link them to this post for you.

wjaltmann@qld.fefcholden.org.au

Cheers Jim
« Last Edit: August 27, 2004, 09:18:40 PM by Ariesguy65 » Logged

Forgiveness is easier than permission.
GM

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: August 29, 2004, 03:05:03 AM »

Hey guys, some photos as promised.

Chat again soon
         Cheers, Glenn

Glenn 'Stinky' Stankevicius
Guru

Model: FE and FC

Willaston, South Australia

Glenn.Stankevicius
View Profile
« Reply #34 on: August 29, 2004, 07:59:30 AM »

Saweeeetttt !!!
That yellow looks real nice, very neat conversion too!

ACE
Guru

DOH!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: August 29, 2004, 08:17:24 AM »

Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked  WOW   Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked
Rear mounted rack looks great Wink
Can you tell me what model Nissan rack it is?
Thanks for the pics  Wink
Regards ACE  Cool
Ed
Guru

Ed74mnd
View Profile
« Reply #36 on: August 30, 2004, 10:47:30 PM »

Hey nice work Glenn,

Nice fit up of the rear mount rack, that's defeating the odds I gotta say.

tricky sump work..

looks nicely engineered

Grin

Cheers

Ed

in the shed
GM

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: September 02, 2004, 07:49:47 AM »

Thanks guys, and for all the help. Will get some better pics of the ute soon and post. [on members site?] Maybe see you out and about, you never know. I would like to see your wagon when finished Ed.
 mmmmm....... what will I do next?
    Thanks again, Glenn.
Sorry Ace, rack is slightly modified 85 pulsar

GM

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: October 08, 2004, 08:35:58 AM »

Hey guys, long time between drinks huh? I`ve been off line for weeks due to a thunder storm which killed my modem, but all good now. The car is still going well and I collected a trophy, -2nd best modified - at twin lakes annual show and shine at wyong. I was a happy man. got beat by a 350 torana, at least it was a holden. still haven`t touched the diff, will get there one day (probably when it dies)  talk again soon,
                  cheers glenn

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Share this topic...
In a forum (BBCode) 
In a site/blog (HTML)

Jump to: