FE-FC Holden Discussion Forum
May 16, 2024, 07:14:03 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: The FE-FC Holden Car Club of NSW are proud to host the 19th FE-FC Holden Nationals. Check out the announcement video for more.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: wiper motor and brake booster options  (Read 2461 times)
hsv-001

View Profile
« on: July 23, 2013, 07:08:27 PM »

Started working out why my wipers were noisey and slapped my chromework.Also because I run a red motor and recently put an alloy tappet cover that was taller the breather pipe wasn't fitting under the wiper motor without turning it 120 degrees.The only real problem with the wipers was some wear in the bushings,easily sorted.So I cleaned and polished the motor and put it back in.I had already set up a commadore one just in case of a problem.The wiper motor is 1981 Datsun bluebird as is the brake booster I also cleaned up.I have been using this booster for about 15 years.It is a nice fit even when I was running a fluid clutch, but have been running a borgwaurner  for 5 years and prefer it to a celica as it has a complete bellhousing and I have the 2 bellhousing mounts as well as a rear mount.

Yeah while I remember the photo of the ek wiper next to the EH premier housing .The housings can be interchanged then you will have a two speed ek preslite wiper motor if you change your switch .Cheers
hsv-001

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 05, 2013, 12:00:30 PM »

After putting my wiper motor back in I wet the windshield and turned them on and as I was sitting in the car watching them wipe I noticed that the left wiper was missing a large section of windshield. Years ago I had changed[removed]the old stainless steel backing that the blade goes in and was just using the new plastic backed wiper refills. Is it just me or do these plastic backed wiper blades shape to the windshield when they are parked and so the left blade has too much curve in it on start up and take some time before wiping properly. Anyway I have gone back to removing the blade from the plastic and putting it in the stainless steel backing [seems to work better].
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Share this topic...
In a forum (BBCode) 
In a site/blog (HTML)

Jump to: