FE-FC Holden Discussion Forum
May 09, 2024, 12:02:54 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: The FE-FC Holden Car Club of NSW are proud to host the 19th FE-FC Holden Nationals. Check out the announcement video for more.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: Qld Engineers  (Read 3966 times)
59fcwagon

View Profile
« on: January 08, 2009, 01:30:49 PM »

Hey guys just wondering if anyone knows of a good engineer (knows fc's, lenient, etc) in the brisbane area to approve 202,  supra 5 speed and vn diff/4 wheel discs. Contact details would be great, cheers
cruiser056
qld-club

cruisin to the rock and roll

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2009, 05:37:20 PM »

Hi, I know of an engineer who can do this.  He did my car, which was virtually the same.  I will send a pm with his contact details as these days he does not advertise, just happy to have his contact pass on by word of mouth.

Michael
59fcwagon

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2009, 12:12:04 PM »

Thanks very much michael. With your setup did you have to run an adjustable proportioning valve. On hoppers site they say maybe no valve is worth ago. I don't want to muck around but they are pretty expensive. Did you have any problems with outer front guard clearance?? do you know anyone in brissie who do custom handbrake cables?? sorry for all the questions but you seem a good person to ask.
cheers chris
mcl1959
vic-club
Guru

FE's rule

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 09, 2009, 01:48:20 PM »

59fcwagon, what front brakes are you running, in most cases you can get away without a proportioning valve as long as the rear brakes are not small compared to the fronts. VN rears are a good sized rear brake and would be fine with most HQ to early Commodore era front brakes.
What sort of front stub axles and rims are you running - FC's are well known for front guard clearance problems because of the narrow track and the desire to fit later model brakes and wheels.

Ken

59fcwagon

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 09, 2009, 04:53:54 PM »

Hi ken i am running standard hq stubs with hj brakes up front with vn rears (xb master and gemini booster). Front discs have been redrilled to commodore pattern. Like others i havn't made my wheel choice early but i am looking at speedy malibu's 17 x 8 with 215's which are +48mm offset. This will push the outside of the tyre in about 3mm compared with standard 205's with +40. This still however wont be enough. I got a mate who makes polyurethane bushes so am gunna get a couple of taller bump stops made up i think. any problems legally narrowing track a bit?

Chris
mcl1959
vic-club
Guru

FE's rule

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 09, 2009, 06:01:04 PM »

You will have to get the offset on the rim exactly right to fit an 8 inch wide rim in an FC! The fact that you are using a 17 inch diameter allows you to clear the steering arms and other suspension parts.
There are fairly tight rules regarding track changes and you should discuss this with your engineer when you find one. You may have to go back to 7 inch rims.

Ken
FC427
nsw-club
Guru

Model: FC

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 09, 2009, 10:55:05 PM »

The  17'' x 7''  Speedy Malibu's will fit the front with this brake set up is you roll the edge on the guards and use a 205 x 40 x 17 tyre but if you ever scrape a rim the chrome on the Malibu's will flake off they are chromed over a black base and are not very durable l .....FC427....

As I lay rubber down the street I pray for traction I can keep, but if I spin and begin to slide please dear god protect my ride
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Share this topic...
In a forum (BBCode) 
In a site/blog (HTML)

Jump to: