FE-FC Holden Discussion Forum
May 09, 2024, 11:38:30 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: The FE-FC Holden Car Club of NSW are proud to host the 19th FE-FC Holden Nationals. Check out the announcement video for more.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: Tripple carbs  (Read 1718 times)
deano

View Profile
« on: March 01, 2006, 09:29:21 AM »

Hey guys,
We have been taking our rebuilt grey out for test runs on the weekend.
We are running triple su (1.5s) on her, problem is it runs great but after we give it a good run we find that the dampeners have lost all their oil.
Any ideas on what would cause this?
Thanks
nicko
Guru

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2006, 11:42:27 AM »

there is only one way they could lose the oil and thats if your springs are too weak,letting the piston return too fast and squirting the oil out the tiny hole in the dash pot cap,one little trick that works well is too clean all oil out and dry the dash pots out then get some graphite powder from the lock smiths and squirt a little bit in there instead of the oil,
the spring pressure is critical in SU's and you need to see if they have lost there tension ,any mini parts place will have spares you could try and get a couple of different sets and experiment with them to get the right tension..
the springs came in different colours for differing tensions years ago,must admit i have not seen any coloured ones in last few years though,
hope this helps you.
cheers Nicko

deano

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2006, 07:00:58 AM »

thanks nicko,
I have got another set of springs I'll give them a try.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Share this topic...
In a forum (BBCode) 
In a site/blog (HTML)

Jump to: