FE-FC Holden Discussion Forum
May 04, 2024, 08:48:57 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: The FE-FC Holden Car Club of NSW are proud to host the 19th FE-FC Holden Nationals. Check out the announcement video for more.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: Summernats pics. (MORE ADDED)  (Read 5595 times)
customFC
Guru

Model: FC

Ask me about microwaving cats for fun or profit.

View Profile
« on: January 07, 2003, 04:48:20 AM »

John Rap and I went down to the Summernats for the day to check out some cars. If I had to describe it in a word, that word would be "Commodore"
There were loads of 'em. A few nice cars thrown in as well, here are some pics.

If you want to see some more, go to my picture album:
http://photo.starblvd.net/customfc2?st=album&pg=4

Regards
Alex
« Last Edit: January 08, 2003, 11:51:29 AM by custom_fc » Logged

RET
Administrator
Guru

Model: FE

richard.e.thomas ret56fe
View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2003, 05:44:17 AM »

That HQ wagon would have some Ackerman Principle 'issues', I'd reckon Grin

OurCarClub.com.au is a web-based data management application, custom built for car clubs and their volunteer officials. More info...
Sheriff
qld-club

FEs rule!

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2003, 11:11:52 AM »

mate, great pictures, greeaat cars,  but......where were the fe/fcs???   I've heard that the nats have not only great looking cars on display?? or is that a malicious rumor?   Mike.  :o8) Grin
RET
Administrator
Guru

richard.e.thomas ret56fe
View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: January 07, 2003, 10:50:24 PM »

Sheriff,

The Nationals are the place to see the best collection of stock and modified FEs and FCs, bar none*.  Alex's photos just prove it Grin

cheers
RET
*Well, with the possible exception of the Fitzpatrick FC, which is a complete ball-tearer, but he's not a member of any club.  There's plenty of other great modifieds, though.  The Clatworthy FC is Queensland-based.  Will we be seeing that I wonder?

OurCarClub.com.au is a web-based data management application, custom built for car clubs and their volunteer officials. More info...
mcl1959
Guru

FE's rule

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 08, 2003, 11:12:07 AM »

You forgot to mention that grand champion this year was a HOT ROD.  Just happens to be Mark Course with a Deuce Coupe that is unbelievable - he is a member of my hot rod club here in the western suburbs of Melbourne.
I bet that really upset the street machiners - as they would LOVE a hot rod to beat them at there own show.

This must surely have got you going Alex ?

Ken
customFC
Guru

Model: FC

Ask me about microwaving cats for fun or profit.

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 08, 2003, 11:48:26 AM »

Hey Ken, I did not know the result of the Grand Champ, thanks for the info. I think it is awesome that a Rod won. Must have upset more than a few Street Machiners. Grin
Is this his 32?

Mike, there were very few FE/FC's at the Summernats, I only saw 4. The 2 here, an all blue ACT sedan and Greg Gleeson's FE van. (You can see pics of Greg's car on the Holden Day thread)

Here's a cool EH convert.

I have loaded up many more pics on my photo album, go take another look.
http://photo.starblvd.net/customfc2?st=album&pg=4
Regards
Alex

RET
Administrator
Guru

richard.e.thomas ret56fe
View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: January 08, 2003, 12:04:09 PM »

Are flames in this year or what?!

I really like the unusual black flames over the yellow/red ones on this rod:

I'd have the pony in the background too, for that matter.

Thanks for the pix, Alex.

cheers
RET

smithy
Guru

yeah its purple !

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: January 09, 2003, 01:10:50 AM »

hey all,
i spent two days at the summernats (fri and sunday) one of the benifits of living within 1klm of NATEX i guess, there were certainly some good looking cars there but alex was right in saying that there was soooo many commodes. great to see a rod taking out grand champion, the duece was magic in every sense, but the candy 39 zepher was unbelievable. it looked so smooth almost liquid sitting there dumped to the ground just had to be seen to be belived (heaps of cars with airbag suspension) even managed to see a 70,s chev impala lowrider do a lap with only three wheels on road, the drivers wheel was about two feet off the deck. Shocked (hope to post pics soon)
i was slightly dissapointed in the lack of FE & FC's getting around im not sure if owners were waiting for the nationals at easter or what, i saw a total of 4 FC's  including fitzpatricks and 2 FE's including a great black over white with detroit trim (very nice car mate if you are reading this forum) only two were running sixes that i saw or heard.
overall very impressed with what was there even happy to see not as many toy race cars ( rice burners) as i expected. even the crowds were well behaved. well done chic henry.
well ive got twelve months now to get my act together before the next, i was hoping to have my car ready for easter but it dont look promising now. but you never know.
dean

i may be getting older, but i refuse to grow up!
mcl1959
Guru

FE's rule

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 09, 2003, 10:30:15 AM »

That's it Alex - aint that a wild motor.  Rego plate is "JUCED" I think or something like that.  A play on words with the colour and the model.
And if you think this is a big dollar car then you wont believe his new project is a Boydster straight out of the US.

Ken
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Share this topic...
In a forum (BBCode) 
In a site/blog (HTML)

Jump to: